Chapter Five

"I'm sorry, Ms. Jackson. There are no free rooms available," Clarisse, the customer service representative, said. "We have an overflow of people already."

"That's not acceptable," Tamara snapped, her nostrils flaring. "I won't have him staying in my room."

The clerk cowered, but held her ground. "We don't have a spare bed anywhere, madam. I'm sorry. Can I give you a free complimentary visit to our Spa?"

"I don't want to visit the damn spa. I want him out of my room." She slammed her palm on the counter top, but when she noticed everyone's eyes on her, shame filled her. She was a cop, she wasn't supposed to lose her temper, especially in public. "Sorry."

The manager came out from the back and placed his hands on Clarisse's shoulder, letting her know that he'd take over. "What seems to be the problem?"

"I was given a ticket as a gift from my family and no one told me about someone else staying in my room," she explained.

"Well, we do often pair people up in rooms on singles cruises. Although generally, we try to ensure that they are the same gender. Let me see what I can do," he said, turning his attention to the computer. "Clarisse was right. All the rooms are used."

"Give him one of your staff rooms then. I don't care."

"I understand your frustration, Ms. Jackson, but both your names appear on the room list, and we can't make anyone else give up their room for you."

Tamara growled, fighting desperately to keep her tongue in check. This was not going the way she wanted it to, but there didn't appear to be anything anyone could do about it. Maybe, Logan would run into a woman and start staying in her suite.

"We'll give you a complimentary visit to our five star spa and have some extra drinks and chocolates brought up to your room." After a few more clicks, he added, " I've also booked you in for an all-inclusive dinner at our best restaurant onboard, Leonardo's Place."

"Speaking of drinks, we never got the ones that were supposed to be delivered to our room earlier," she mentioned.

"Oh that's because someone needs to be in the room to sign for them."

She rolled her eyes. Of course. They wanted to make things as difficult as possible so they could save money anyway they could. If someone paid for the drinks but didn't bother to inquire about them, well, that just meant more money to stash in their own pockets.

"Dinner has been set for tomorrow evening at 6:30."

Taking a deep breath, she counted to five before responding. "Fine."

How on earth was she going to be able to sleep tonight knowing he was in the bed right beside her? They haven't been in the same room since High School. And the last time they had privacy, things happened that her body has never been able to forget. Things that were already causing her nipples to harden and the fountain inside her to swell up, ready to make an appearance on her underwear.

Damn him.

Pushing herself away from the desk, she stormed towards her room, with Logan right behind her. As she walked, her mind was spinning, trying to think of ways to get out of this situation. If the staff wouldn't help, then she'd have to use her quick thinking.

Stopping in front of her door, she made a show of checking her pockets. "Drat. Seems I left my pass in the room. Hand me yours," she said, holding out her hand.

"No can do, sweetheart. I know that look in your eye." He leaned in close, and she couldn't help but breathe in his fresh, aquatic scent. The man always smelled like he'd just come in from surfing. When he brushed his lips against her neck as he pulled back, Tamara shivered.