Chapter Twenty-Five

"Have you seen Tamara?" Logan asked Darla after camping at the door to their cabin for hours. It was the first place he thought she'd go. They had an extra bed in theirs. He didn't think she'd met anyone else on board as they'd been together the majority of the time.

"No, sorry," Darla said apologetically. "We've been in health conferences all day at the gym."

"Damn it," he muttered as he rested against the wall, running a hand through his hair. If they hadn't seen her, where could she possibly be? He was certain that the first place Tamara would run was to Darla. They'd become good friends.

Swiping her card in the lock, Darla gestured for him to come inside. "What's wrong?"

"She left me."

"Ouch, sorry bro!" Jason replied. "Hey, hun, why don't you go in and have a rest? I'll help him look."

Darla raised her eyebrow at him, her eyes filling with indignant fire. "Why don't you go in and have rest, I'll find her instead." When Jason opened his mouth to speak, she covered it with her hand. "If she left, do you really think she wants to see him right now? Let me deal with this. Woman to woman."

"But—" Logan started to say, but she covered his mouth, too.

"She needs a woman right now, capeesh? Now, go have a beer or something and leave it to me."

It didn't feel right to leave it to her. Something unsettling was rattling around inside him and he had no clue what it was. He had felt a foreboding ever since he saw the guy with the gun. He didn't like being apart from her, especially not right now.

"Seriously, boys, where is she gonna go? I'll take care of it, I promise," she said, patting them both on the shoulder.

And with that she walked away. Logan stared after her wondering whether or not he should do what she says or keep looking.

"I'd keep looking, bro!" Jason said. "If she gets her claws into her, you might be in for more trouble than it's worth."

"You think?" The last thing he wanted to do was make things worse and to be honest, he didn't know what would make the situation better. Since she didn't bring up moving to the East Coast, he assumed that that wasn't even an option. All her family lived on the West. And after hearing about what happened to her brother and his wife, discussing it was a moot point. There couldn't be any harm in sitting in the central hub of the boat and hoping that she'd walk by, right? "Come on, there's a bar at the plaza."

"Right behind ya!"

They didn't say much as they made their trek to the busy hub. It was the one place that you would walk through multiple times a day. It didn't matter which upper floor you were on, except for the top deck, all of them converged on the plaza. Not that they'd really be able to see anything on the other decks, but if she came up or down the stairs, they'd see her.

"Have you checked in with Customer Service?" Jason asked.

"That was the first thing I did, aside from waiting for you guys. They wouldn't tell me her room number. Something about confidentiality, blah blah blah."

After Jason took a sip of his beer and wiped the foam from his lips, he said, "That's bogus. You guys are married."

"I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that she told them not to tell me."

He still couldn't understand what flew up her butt. He was making the move of his own damn free will so they could be together. Why didn't that make her happy? It left him annoyed and hurt. Maybe she didn't love him as much as he loved her. Logan rubbed his stomach trying to ease the ache which was quickly growing.