Chapter Eight

Logan pulled open the curtains, flooding the room with the bright Caribbean sunlight. “Rise and shine, sleepyhead.”

She ducked her head back under the covers, groaning. What was the man doing up at this ungodly hour? If she got up now, she’d look like a friggin’ raccoon. “Leave me alone,” she begged.

He grabbed her covers and pulled them off. “I signed us up for Zumba at…” his words trailed off as he absorbed the fact that her nightie had ridden up her hips, revealing her luscious behind. Suddenly his thoughts weren’t onthe Zumba class anymore. He’d rather make their own dance moves in the privacy of their suite.

“Hey!” She jumped up, and as she reached for the sheets, she lost her balance and fell forward. She landed with her hands planted on the floor and her head down while her butt and legs remained on the bed. The position gave him another good glimpse of her bare derriere and he couldn’t help himself.

Reaching out, he smacked her hard on the ass, making her yelp. Scrambling, she climbed back up on the bed and stuck her tongue out at him, her jet black hair going in every which direction. “Some gentleman you are.”

Logan shrugged, grinning like a fool. “Sorry, it was the perfect target.”

It had been strange sleeping in the same room with her. That was a first for them. They’d been in beds before, but never to actually sleep. If their parents had know they were having sex, they would have knocked them up the side of the head.

When he went to bed, he wasn’t sure if he would actually get any sleep knowing she was in the bed beside him, but he’d surprisingly slept like a rock. Maybe it was the fact that today they would start with a clean slate, get to know each other again. It had him feeling light and playful.

“I got these for you,” he said, picking up a box off the desk.

She stared at the box. “You’ve already been out this morning.”

“Sweetheart, it’s 2pm.”

Her jaw dropped as she reached out and accepted the box of Lindor chocolates. “You remembered.”

“You’d be surprised by what I remember,” he said, winking at her.

She blushed and rearranged her nightie so that it completely covered her thighs again. Oh yes, she remembered it too. And that made his insides burst with pride. She hadn’t forgotten about him in the slightest.

“Why don’t you get dressed and we’ll go exploring,” he suggested.

Tamara swallowed hard. The last time she went exploring with him, they wound up finding a place to make out in the park and almost got caught by the night guard after dark. Truthfully, she was surprised that she never wound up pregnant. They weren’t the most safety conscious couple.

But she loved the feel of him inside her, his thick length pressing into her, filling her to the brim and back again without anything being between her and his hardened flesh. The thought alone was enough to open the flood gate of desire within her, stealing her breath.

Her gaze dropped to his Hawaii style swimming trunks that hid his member from view. She wanted to walk over there and tear them off his body and toss him on the bed. The passion she felt for him intimidated her a little. With everyone else she was able to control herself easily and didn’t feel the need to tackle them and take them inside her.

This felt deeper and had a familiarity to it that touched the edges of her spirit, illuminating the part of her heart that had always been his. She’d barely been in his presence for a day and she was already falling deeper than she should.