Chapter Seven

Was it possible for a heart to stop and for the person to keep on living? Because if not and he was dead, that meant he was in heaven, and she was his angel coming to guide him home. God, she was beautiful with her mile long legs and curves that took his breath away.

Slowly his eyes came to rest on her mouth-watering cleavage and he ached to take them in his mouth again, like he did long ago. But he wasn't quite ready to show her his body yet, didn't want her fingers running over the scars that were a continuous reminder of the horrors he faced after being condemned for a crime he didn't commit.

While he sat frozen in his seat, staring at her, making no effort to move, she sashayed towards him, her hips swaying as she made her way around the tables. She moved with intention and he wasn't sure whether he should run away or stand his ground. He knew that the tension between them would never be settled until they landed in bed together, but unless he handcuffed her to the bed to keep her hands off him, he wouldn't be comfortable doing it.

And Tamara wasn't one to be handcuffed. She didn't play the submissive very well, but rather enjoyed tying him up or handcuffing him in some fashion. The girl he remembered had a drawer full of various handcuffs, so he wasn't surprised in the slightest that she became a cop. It seemed suitable for her personality.

There was a deep heartache in her eyes though, but she did her best to hide it. It was only during the briefest of moments did she let it slip. Logan knew that she had faced some hard times. Caleb had filled him in a little bit on their past and how she now refused to enter into any long term relationships, or any relationships for that matter beyond BDSM.

She stopped in front of the bar, giving him a side glance as she ordered her drink, her lips curling into a sexy grin. He knew that grin. That meant trouble. The last time he saw that look was when they ducked into the janitor closet at school and had a quickie. His member came to life at the memory of her smooth skin under his fingertips. The way her knees buckled when he sought the warmth between her thighs.

They had a connection that words couldn't even begin to describe, not even all the time and distance in the world would be able to break it. He had shoved it to the back of his mind while he tried to straighten his life out, but she kept drawing his soul back with her smoky grey eyes. Her spirit continued to swirl around him until he had no choice but to come back.

Grabbing her drink from the bartender, she came and sat down across from him in the black cushioned chair. Tamara placed her drink on the table and studied him. "Do you want to talk about what just happened in there?"

"Not particularly," he said, bitterness filling his mouth. How was he supposed to tell her what happened to him when he couldn't bring himself to talk to a therapist about it? He was only a boy when he had been thrown in the slammer, but that didn't matter to the perps there. All they saw was another filthy animal who deserved to have their paws all over him and break what innocence he had left. He'd heard about horror stories that took place, but never expected to live it.

His cell didn't even provide him with an escape as he had a nasty cellmate. They all enjoyed picking on the young new guy whom they had nicknamed the surfer. He was glad to finally turn his back on the prison when he was released.

"Okay. We can just sit here in silence if you want." Tamara leaned back in her seat and took a sip of her drink staring out into the atrium. "But I do find it kind of funny."

Logan glared at her. "What's funny about it?"

"I don't like being touched. You don't like being touched. We're a match made in heaven. Don't you think?" she said, smiling wryly.

He didn't find it quite as amusing as she did. Hell, he wanted to touch her. And he wanted her to run her fingers along his body, but not if the end result was having to reveal his painful past. Pushing his chair back. Logan stood up and guzzled the last bit of his drink. "I want to go outside and get some fresh air."