Chapter Fifteen

Just a heads up, I didn't edit this yet. I'm crossing my fingers, hoping I didn't make any glaring errors. Feel free to point them out if there are. I'll take a better look tomorrow.

-----

"Best two out of three?" he suggested.

Tamara chuckled. "Are you chicken, Logan?"

Knowing how kinky she was made him a little bit nervous and he had hoped to even the odds by playing another few rounds, but the wicked look in her eye refused to let him back down. "Okay, what's my fate?"

"I dare you to take my phone into the bathroom just inside those doors there," she said, pointing to the doors just outside the basketball court. "And take a sexy picture of yourself nude."

He smirked. "You just can't wait for me to take my clothes off, eh!"

That was something he could do without revealing just how bad his back was. He'd never taken a nude photo of himself, let alone with someone else's phone. What if she got mad at him and chose to show it to the world?

"Are you sure we can't do another round, winner takes all?" he begged, taking her into his arms again. "I can just think of what I want you to do for me."

Linking her hands behind his neck, she said, "Nope, a deal's a deal. You gotta do it, handsome!"

"Me and my big mouth," he grumbled playfully, as he dug his fingers into her side, tickling her. "You're going to owe me later."

She giggled and stepped away from him, holding out her phone. "Here ya go."

"The things I do for you," he said, taking the phone from her. Glancing over, he saw the same guy still standing along the fence, studying the two of them. He looked vaguely familiar, but he couldn't say from where. But there was no way he was going to let another guy get his hooks in Tamara. And it was for that reason alone, he strolled away from her and towards the bathroom.

Tamara watched him walk away, curious to see exactly how he'd pull off the photo, knowing full well that he was uncomfortable taking his shirt off. She wanted to help him get more comfortable with the idea of being naked with her and not just from the waist down.

She wasn't a psychologist, but even she knew that the more you did something, the easier it would get to do it. One just has to push past the initial barrier. Although it did irritate her a little bit that she was able to fall back into their easy routine, but he couldn't. Mind you, he went through a lot more than she did and some guys didn't do very good in the letting go of the past field.

Wandering over to the net, she greeted Jason. "Nose isn't looking too bad today."

"It's a little tender, but I'll live. Your man didn't look too happy with me."

"Don't worry about it. He's not a fighter."

"He does look like a man I ran into once at a military training operation though."

"Him?" Tamara laughed, uneasy rippling through her as she held onto the netting. "He wouldn't hurt a flea."

"Just saying," Jason shrugged his shoulders and then turned and looked behind him. "Well, I better go. My friend is waving at me."

"She finally made it back from her boy toy?"

"I don't know what goes on inside that girl's head. One minute she's into me, the next she's jumping in bed with someone else."

She couldn't imagine a man like Jason having any trouble finding a girl, but maybe that girl doesn't think she's worth his while because of his looks. The man could be a model and a television superstar if he let himself.