Chapter Eighteen

A/N

I'm still not writing or editing atm, as I'm still struggling with my recovery but I still wanted to release a chapter and not leave you hanging for too long. If you find a mistake, please let me know. :)

----

It was just their luck to have Jason and his bunkmate standing right behind them in the lineup as they waited to disembark in Aruba. This was her first time off the continent with the exception of some side trips to Vancouver Island. Despite on the look-out for a chapel, they were casually dressed. She didn't exactly want to run around in a dress and heels. Practicality was her number one trait unless one was in the bedroom.

"We'd be happy to be there for you guys," Darla replied. This was the first time that Tamara had met Jason's companion and she looked as fit as he did, reminding her that she needed to remember to work out more. She'd woken up feeling a little bloated.

"Have you ever been here before?" Logan asked Jason.

"Once before. There is a cute little chapel just a few blocks down from the terminal. They take walk-ins."

"Just please tell me it isn't as cheesy as the places in Las Vegas?" Tamara pleaded.

Jason shrugged his shoulders. "I haven't been inside."

They finally made it down the gangplank and stepped onto Arubian soil. She honestly couldn't focus on the foreign feel it had, instead, her mind was stuck on the man she was walking beside. She couldn't believe that they were getting married. It all felt like a dream.

Maybe it was a dream and she'd wake up back home, tucked away in her own bed. And then she'd get up, mourn for the annoying dreams that she never let go of and go to work. Tamara glanced at his profile as they walked down the street together. His face was glowing with excitement as he gripped her hand tight, almost pulling her to the chapel.

"Easy does it. The church isn't going to run away," she said, slowing her pace.

"You aren't getting cold feet are you?"

"Nope. You can't get rid of me now."

"Uh oh!" he said jokingly. Tamara slugged him in the shoulder. Jason and Darla laughed as they walked behind them.

"Careful, Logan. My nose hasn't healed yet," Jason said.

Logan looked down at her. "How on earth did you break his nose anyway?"

"It wasn't me, it was the door. He just happened to be standing on the other side when I opened it," she replied with a grimace. "I'm sorry again."

"It's all good. I'll live," Jason said with an easy smile. "Now, let's go and get you two hitched."

There was a group of men in front of them, wearing cargo pants and black shirts. One women was in their midst. She looked familiar but Tamara couldn't place her. They were pointing to the ship and speaking in another language. She was certain they were speaking in English as they approached, but the spoken language quickly changed. In the woman's hands, she held what looked like tickets.

Maybe they were joining them on board, but the seediness in their eyes made her uncomfortable. A few of them let their gazes travel over her body, making her shiver. She hoped like hell that they weren't joining them and that they were merely tourists gawking at the big ship. But they weren't dressed like tourists. They did have heavy metal luggage bags, but they were more reminiscent of weapon storage than clothes.

Tamara shook her head. It was probably just her imagination going wild. Taking Logan's hand, she pointed out the steeple of the church ahead. "We're almost there."