Chapter Twenty-Eight

*unedited*

"I'm really not liking this," Jason commented after they'd finished their ship wide search, aside from knocking on doors. "You don't suppose they've been kidnapped, do you?"

Truth be told, Logan didn't know what to think. Not only had Tamara disappeared but so did Darla, and that unsettled his stomach. "I wonder if anyone else has disappeared."

"When I was searching the floors, I did over hear two waitresses talking about how one of their girls didn't show up for their shift. But apparently, she isn't the most reliable, always giving her shifts away."

"The plot thickens," Logan murmured.

"Do you think something's going on?"

"My gut says yes."

He didn't want to say that, but given the circumstances, it was the truth. Whatever was happening didn't just feel like two girls going off on their own. Tamara wasn't the type of person to just up and disappear. She would have been at one of the bars on the ship or by the pool lapping up a good book.

"What should we do now?" Jason asked.

That was a good question. He hadn't a clue. Using his badge didn't help while they were on a cruise ship in international waters. The only thing he could think of was to try and swipe a security access card then he'd be able to search the rooms. But that could land him in hot water. But if something was really going on, then he had a chance to stop it before it went any further.

"I want to make one last ditch effort to find her. I'm pretty certain that she only told customer service not to let me know. Can you go to their desk and inquire for me?"

"Sure."

"I will wait here, but if I'm gone, that means I've either found something or wanted to check something out."

"Why don't we just meet back at my room in an hour?"

"Works for me."

Sitting back, Logan called over a waiter and ordered a beer. It would be his final drink until she was found. He had to be clear headed for whatever was to come. He had a horrible feeling that something big was in the works.
Nursing his beer, he watched the people moving around him. Being a singles cruise, there was no shortage of scantily clad females, and the men who followed them who wished to get in their pants. In the corner, he saw an older man chatting it up with a girl half his age. She didn't look very eager to keep their conversation going. She was tapping her foot on the bar near the bottom of her chair.

Another girl at the bar was leaning towards the guy she was talking to, resting her chin in her palm; her eyes not leaving the man's face. She was totally enamored by him. That's what he wanted in their relationship. He wanted to get lost in Tamara's beauty, to love and protect her until the day he died. No one meant more to him than she did, with the exception of his baby girl back home.

Logan glanced down at his watch again, only five agonizing minutes have went by since Jason left. He didn't like sitting around. He was a man of action. It drove him nuts when he had nothing to really do.

In the corner sat two men, their heads closely huddled together, yet their bodies turned away. Almost like they wanted to run. Logan's eyes narrowed as he studied them. One looked like the security guard he had spoken with before. He passed the other guy something under the table, but Logan couldn't get a good look at what it was as the man's hand was wrapped around it. If he had to make an educated guess, based on the size, he'd say it was an access card.

His chest tightened just thinking about the possibilities. It's the price he paid for all the things he'd seen and done himself when on a mission. He knew when people were trying to be sneaky about something. Mind you, if it was him over there, he'd have had his back facing the room and his front facing the window that way people couldn't see what you were doing.