chapter 2

🌼jack's pov🌼

I take another sip of my drink while I sit alone at the bar. Loud music is blaring through the crowded club. Daniel comes to take a seat next to me.

"Come dance," he yells over the music.

"Maybe later," I say tipping up my drink, "want to finish this."

He nods his head. "That girl is making eyes at you," he says nodding his head to a blonde across the bar.

I shake my head. "Not really my type."

"A gorgeous blonde? If that's not your type I don't know what is."

"Margot," I mutter under my breath. I thought he didn't hear but he must have.

"Dude it's been over a year. You gotta move on, she has."

I saw her there. She was with a guy. I don't know why I was surprised. She moved back to our home town after we had broken up, 9 months ago.

I snap out of my thoughts and turn back to Daniel. "Not yet, bro," I say.

He lets out a heavy sigh before going back
out to the dance floor.

,,,

"Come on guys," I say ushering my intoxicated friends into my car. I was the only one sober. I never used to be the designated driver, it was always Margot.

"Come on, Jack," she says trying to be serious but she fails to stifle her laughter. "I love you," I slur. She continues to laugh at me. "Come on," I whine, "say you love me." She rolls her eyes and laughs more. "I love you Jack Avery."

"Jack, you're my best friend," Corbyn says slurring his words and lazily slinging an arm over my shoulder.

"I know bud. You too." He slowly begins to shift more and more of his weight on me till it feels like I'm dragging him.

"I'm getting married!" He shouts into the empty parking lot.

I laugh as I try to shush him. "I know. And Christina isn't going to be very happy if you don't make it home tonight so get in the car." He nods his head and begins to walk towards the car where Jonah was already sitting. Two more to go.

"Dani, lets go."

"We can't."

"Why not?" I ask. He points to Zach who is now running through the empty parking lot with his shirt off. "Zach? Really?"

I run after him and it doesn't take long for me to catch him since he's so drunk. I finally have all the boys rounded up. And we start to drive away.

"Let's call someone," I hear from the back.

"No. Let's not do that."

I hear a groggy voice coming from the phone, "Hello?" Great they woke someone up. "Dani? What's going on? Its 3 am. Are you ok?"

It's her.

I reach back and grab Daniels phone and press end call.

"What the fuck was that?"