chapter 7

🌼margot's pov🌼

I step off the plane and begin to look for Jonah. He said he would be here to pick me up when I landed. I look around but there's no sign of him. I hear my name being yelled and it's coming from Jack, not Jonah.

"Margot!" I turn around to see Jack yelling my name. We both begin to run and when I reach him I jump into his arms, wrapping my legs around his torso. He pulls his head from the crook of my neck and gives me a passionate kiss while he is still holding me.
"I missed you so so much baby," Jack says.
"I missed you too. But it's only been two days," I add the last part with a laugh.
"Every second without you is a second not worthy of living." I playfully roll my eyes at his cheesy response. "I can't believe I'm in love with such a dork."

It's a long silent walk to Jack's car. I can't help but feeling awkward.

We get into the car and I decide to break the silence, "Where's Jonah?"

"He wasn't finished packing so he sent me."

"Oh."

We drive in silence for a couple minutes before Jack speaks up, "Margot?"

"Yeah?" I say, eager to no longer sit in silence.

"Are we cool? Like, can we be friends?"

"Yeah. Of course. I would honestly prefer that," I say the last bit with a small laugh.

"Cool," Jack says grinning from ear to ear.

,,,

"I'm going to move your bags to the bus but you can go inside," Jack says while pulling my bags out of the trunk.

I nod my head and begin to go inside the large house in front of me.

"Hey boys," I yell out as I shut the door behind me.

The boys start coming from all directions and I hear my name being yelled all throughout the house. Daniel is the first to greet me with one of his infamous bear hug. Next is Zach who greets me with a hug as well as Corbyn. Jonah comes down the stairs and engulfs me in a huge hug and gives me a quick peck on the cheek. "How are you, Mar?" Jonahs asks, releasing me from his grip. "Pretty good, J."

He pulls me aside, "I'm so sorry about picking you up. Jack was the only one who had finished packing and-" I stop him before he can finish. "Don't worry about it. We talked and we're going to be friends." A huge smile spreads across his face. "That's so great!" He says, wrapping me in another huge hug.

All of the sudden Eben pops his head in the door, "Everyone ready to go?"