chapter 6

🌼margot's pov🌼

"Blake?" I ask from the doorway.

He tears his eyes away from the tv to look at me. "Can I talk to you?" I ask meekly.

He turns off the tv and makes room for me next to him on the couch. "What's up, babe? You sound serious."

"Yeah. It is." He gives me a look urging me to continue. "You know how I had that job interview today?"

"Oh yeah. How was that?"

"It was great. I got the job."

"That's awesome, baby!" He leans over to hug me but I don't hug back. "What's wrong?" He asks.

"Your it going to be as excited when I tell you about it." He releases me and leans back into the sofa. "I'm going to be a traveling lawyer for Why Don't We."

"What? So your just going to get paid to
fuck around with your ex?"

"Don't be a dick. I'm getting paid to be their lawyer. Jack just happens to be apart of the band."

"Oh please. This isn't a coincidence. You would've never gotten the job if you don't know them."

"Excuse me? I worked my ass off at Harvard law."

He scoffs in response.

"The reason me and Jack broke up is because I was being held back from living my dream."

He thinks for a moment before he responds. "You're just selfish. You expect everyone else to bend over backwards so you can live out your fantasies. Life isn't a fucking fairytale Margot."

"I have never expected anyone to do anything for me. I worked hard to pay for school and relied on no one else."

"You're right. I'm sorry. I just-"

"I think you should go."

"What? Where am I supposed to go?"

"I don't know. I'll be gone in two days, You can come back then."

"If you take this job we're done," Blake says causing me to stop in the doorway of my bedroom.

"Then I guess were done," I say as I walk into my room and slam the door.