chapter 13

🌼margot's pov🌼

"You gotta get dressed, we have an interview," corbyn says, popping his head through the door of the back room. I had been sitting in there since this morning, just thinking.

"Ugh," I groan. "Do I have to go?"

"Yup," Corbyn says popping the 'p' before exiting the room.

I slowly get up and grab a change of clothes before going out to the main area an plopping next to Daniel on the couch. I lay my head on his shoulder. "Want some?" he asks, waving a bagel in my face. I shrug my shoulders and tear off a piece, popping it into my mouth.

"Come on guys, were taking the cars," Jonah says to us before exiting the bus. Daniel stands up and offers me a hand, pulling me off of the couch.

,,,

I watch from the side as the boys do their interview. They were playing a game of 'most likely to' which is something they have done a thousand times before at various interviews.

"Most likely to fall in love at first sight?" the interviewer asks the boys. It doesn't take long before all the boys are holding up Jack's name, even Jack himself. "Why Jack?"

"Pretty sure he has before," Corbyn says, causing all the boys to laugh.

"Is that true Jack? Ever fallen in love at first site?" The interviewer presses on.

He looks directly at me, not breaking eye contact when he says, "Yeah. I have."

I look down at the floor as my cheeks turn a bright shade of red. That was the final question of the game and they decide to move on to fan questions.

"This one's for Jack," the interviewer says, causing Jack to look up from the spot on the floor that he'd been staring at for the past 5 minutes. "Some fans remember a brief engagement but never heard a follow up to that, what happened there?"

The question causes my breath to get caught in my throat and I can see that Jack is flustered. "Uh- You know- Some things just don't work out. And i'm obviously heartbroken, but I wish nothing but happiness for Margot."

The interviewer nods before moving on to Corbyn and asking about his wedding. Jack looks over at me with hurt in his eyes. I look back at him and it seems we are like this forever before he finally tears away to end the interview.