chapter 18

🌼margot's pov🌼

"I want to take you on a real date," Jack says breaking our silence.

"How would that work?"

"I don't know. I bet we can find a way," he says before kissing the top of my head. "Or we could tell everyone."

I sit up and look at him. "Are you sure? I mean everything is going to well, I wouldn't want to ruin that."

"Yeah you're right. But I'm serious about that date." I place a quick kiss on his lips before laying my head back down in his chest.

A knock at the door causes Jack and I to quickly sit up from the bed. I run to tree door and loon through the peephole before running back to the bed.
"It's Zach," I whisper.

"What do I do?"

"Hide!"

Jack runs to the bathroom before climbing into the shower and pulling the curtain shut.

"Hey, Zach! What's up?"

"Have you seen Jack?"

"Nope, not recently," I say after pretending to think for a moment.

"Ok. Can you let me know if you do?"

"Of course. Why do you need him?"

"No reason, I'm just worried he's drinking again."

"Oh. Ok. Well I'll let you know."

"Thanks Mar, I'll see you in the morning."

"Night, Zach," I say before closing the door. I go into the bathroom and let Jack know it's ok to come out.

"I better get going," Jack says as he pull his t-shirt over his head.

"What did Zach mean when he said he was worried you were drinking again?"

"He said that?"

"Yeah."

He is silent for a second as he thinks. "When we broke up it was really hard for me. So I sorta turned to drinking."

"Jack, I'm sor-"

"No. Don't apologize. I did it to myself. But don't worry about it. I'm happy now," he says before leaning down to kiss me. I reply with a tight smile.

"You're not mad are you?" he asks.

My eyes widen, "No! Of course not. Why would I be?"

"I don't know, I thought maybe you'd be disappointed in me."

"Never," I say. I stand up on my toes and place a gentle kiss on his lips, causing him to smile at me. "There's that smile," I say causing him to smile even wider.

"I love you."

"I love you more."