chapter 5

🌼margot's pov🌼

"Hello?"

"Hello. Am I speaking to Margot Gray?"

"Yes you are. Who am I speaking to?"

"David Loeffler."

The name sounds familiar but I can't quite place it. "Have we met before?"

"Not in person, but I've heard a lot about you. I am the manager for the band Why Don't We."

"Of course. I knew I recognized the name. Can I do something for you?"

"I heard you are a lawyer."

"Yes. I just completed law school at Harvard."

"Very impressive. The band had been looking for a lawyer to come in the road with them and advise them legally. Would you be interested?"

It takes me a second to respond as I am in shock. "Yes. Very, very interested."

"Great. I'd like to bring you in for an interview then we can go from there. Sound good?"

"Yes. Absolutely."

"It was nice speaking to you. I'll email you the details and see you soon."

"Of course. One thing before you go?"

"Yeah?"

"How did you come across me for the job?"

"I received a glowing recommendation from the boys and although I was hesitant, Corbyn really pushed me to give you a call."

"Thank you, Mr. Loeffler"

"Of course. We'll be in contact."

Once he hangs up the phone excitement overwhelms me and causes me to run around my apartment screaming.

After coming down from my adrenaline rush I sit down on the couch to process. I get to live out my dream of being a lawyer and travel with my best friends. But then there's Jack. It will be hard but I was being held back before and I won't let it happen again.

,,,

After processing I decide to give Corbyn a call.

"Hello? Margot?"

"Corbs. How are you?"

"I'm good. And yourself?"

"Pretty good."

"So what's up? Why'd you call?"

"What? I can't call one of my best friends?"

"No. You can. I just have a feeling there is a motive behind this call."

"Your smart Corbyn. I received an interesting phone call today."

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah."

"Want to tell me about it? Who called you?"

"Someone named David Loeffler."

"I believe I know someone by that name."

"I think you do. He asked me about being a lawyer for a band. Why Don't We?"

"Hm. Interesting."

"Seriously, Corbs. What's up with this?"

"What do you mean."

"Why'd you recommend me for the job? There has to be some game?"

"There's no game Mar. I heard you were a kick ass lawyer now and we needed someone for the job. You get to live your dream of being a lawyer and you get to travel. It's a great situation."

I sigh. "I know. But there's cons."

"There's always going to be cons in everything you do. That's just life. The question is, do the pros outweigh the cons?"

"I don't know yet Corbs. I have to think about it."

"Of course."

"Thank you, Corbyn."

"Your welcome, Margot. I love you."

"Love you too," I say before hanging up the phone.