chapter 16

🌼margot's pov🌼
"What now?" Jack asked as he studied the features of my face.

I shrug in response, still shocked by today's recent events. "Are we going to tell everyone?"

He thinks for a moment before leaning forward in his chair. "Don't take this the wrong way," he starts. "But I kinda want this to be our little secret.

I bit my lower lip as I smiled and nodded my head.

"Yeah?" he asks for confirmation.

"Yeah."

He pounces on me and attacks my face in kisses causing me to laugh.

"Our little secret," he mutters into my neck.

,,,

I am about to fall asleep watching netflix when the curtain to my bunk slides open. I can't tell who it is due to the lack
of lighting.

"You awake?" Someone whispers. I recognize the voice as Jack's.

"Yeah. Isn't someone going to hear you?" I whisper back to him.

"Everyone is asleep and if there're not then they're watching a movie." He climbs into the bunk and lays on top of me, resting his head on my chest. I play with his curls as we lay silently on the dimly lit bunk. Jack pulls his head up and looks at me.

"What?"

"You're breathtaking," he replies. The blush on my cheeks is hidden by the darkness of the bunk. I use my fingers to trace over his features, starting at his jawline and moving to his collarbone. He leans down and places a soft kiss on my cheek before softly kissing my neck.

"Jack," I breathe out.

"Hm," he mumbles, not removing his lips from my neck.

"As much as I want to," he looks up at me, "not tonight. Not with all these people." He nods and places a passionate kiss on my lips and laying his head on my chest once again and wrapping his arms around my waist.

We lay like this for a while before I hear someone whisper-shouting my name. "Margot," they call out again, it was Jonah.

"Yeah," I call back. Jack is trying to stifle his laughter so I throw my hand over his mouth.

"Have you seen my laptop?"

My eyes widen as I realize I have his laptop in my bunk, since mine was dead.

"Here it is." I say sliding the device under the curtain.

"Thanks?" Jonah says in a questioning tone. "Why are you acting so weird."

"Weird? Am I acting weird?"

"A little. What's going on in there?"

"Nothing! I uh- I must just be tired."

"Ok..." Jonah says still not convinced. "Goodnight."

"Night, J."

I look over to Jack who is barely able to contain his laughter.

"Not funny! We could've gotten caught."

He stops laughing and attempts to be serious. "I know, I know." He places one last kiss on my lips before slipping out of my bunk. "Goodnight, babygirl," he says before sliding the curtain shut.

I missed hearing Jack say those words to me.