chapter 9

🌼margot's pov🌼

"Holy shit," I mutter looking at the enormous venue in front of me.

"Crazy, right?" Jack says coming up behind me.

"Absolutely insane."

We stand in awe at the massive amount of seats that will soon be filled by screaming fans.

"What's it like?" I ask, breaking the silence.

"Indescribable. It's the best feeling in the world."

"I can't even imagine," I say at a loss for words.

"Margot," I hear Eben call from behind me. "Come pick up food with me?"

"Yeah," I say grabbing my purse.

,,,

"So you and Jack?"

"What about us."

"Are you guys going to try again? I mean, what's up with you two?"

"Nothing is up. We're just going to try out a friendship."

"How's that working out?"

"Its going good so far."

"Isn't it awkward because of the history you guys have. You can't just forget it. I know Jack hasn't."

"What do you mean?"

"Jack is still in love with you."

"Love is a strong word," I say playfully rolling my eyes.

"I know, I know. You're right. But all I know is he isn't over you." My lack of reply causes him to start talking again. "Why don't you try again? isn't the timing right? You both get to be together while living your dreams."

"There's more to it. When Jack and I were together I always felt like I was a burden, following him around like a lost puppy."

"But now you have a reason to be on tour. You're working and there's no way you can be a burden now."

I sigh, "Not only that but Jack never understood why I felt like that. And I don't feel like he ever tried to understand."

"But-"

"Look Eben, it just didn't work and now it's too late."

"Just tell me honestly, are there any feelings left?"

I gulp, already regretting telling a lie that hasn't even left my mouth, "None."