chapter 4

🌼margot's pov🌼

I swayed my hips on the dance floor as I felt sweat drip down my forehead. I could hear and feel Jack's heavy breathing. He presses his hips against mine as I grind into him. He bends down and yells over the music, "You're amazing." I turn around and wrap my arms around his neck while continuing to sway my hips. "Let's get out of this club, yeah?"

It wasn't the same. I dance with Blake and it doesn't feel the same. I kiss Blake and it doesn't feel the same. I miss him. But it didn't work, and it can't.

"They're about to cut the cake. Let's go back to our table," Blake says. I nod my head in response as I follow him back to our table.

,,,

"May I have this dance?" Zach asks, bowing in front of me.

"Yes you may, kind sir," I say as I curtsy, barely able to contain my laughter.

He brings me to the dance floor and after 30 seconds I am twirled into someone else's arms.

"Margot."

"Jonah."

He continues to dance with me until I am once again passed off.

"Hello my lady."

"Hello, Daniel."

The song continues as Daniel spins and dips me and then I'm passed off yet again.

"Margot."

My breathing hitches and I can barley speak. "Jack," I breathe out in barely a whisper. Before we can dance properly, Jack is tapped on the shoulder.

"Mind if I steal her?"

"Uh- I- no. You take her."

He looks into my eyes and gives me one last meaningful look before he turns away.

"Dancing with your ex?"

"Blake, I'm not having this argument again. Me and Jack are over. The boys were just having fun and passing me off."

He sighs in response.

"Ok?"

"Ok."