chapter 12

🌼margot's pov🌼

"Wow. You guys are back early," Eben says as me, Jonah, and Corbyn walk back into the back entrance of the venue. Eben notices my tear stained cheeks. "Are you ok?" he says as he pulls me into a hug

"Yeah, i'm fine now. I'm sorry I lied to you earlier."

"What? When did you lie to me?" he says as he pulls away from me.

"I told you I didn't have feelings for Jack but," I bite my lower lip out of nervousness, "I think I do."

Eben starts jumping up and down like crazy while he yells.

"What's going on?" Jack asks as he walks out from the dressing room. He cheeks are red and tear stained. I run over to him and wrap into a hug. It takes him a while but eventually he wraps his arms around my waist.

"I'm so sorry," I say and begin to cry.

"It's ok," he says as he strokes my hair, "It's all going to be ok."

,,,

"MARGOT!" I hear someone yelling almost causing me to roll off my bunk.

"What the hell, Corbyn. What's wrong with you?" I rub my eyes trying to adjust to the bright light.

"Today?"

"What?"

"Are you going to tell Jack today?"

"Oh," I say as I lay back down. "I don't know Corbs. I might never tell him."

"WHAT?" he yells. Someone from another bunk shushes him. He drags me out of my bunk and pulls me towards the back room.

"Corbyn," I hiss. "I'm not wearing any clothes, dipshit." I was only in my bra and underwear, seeing as that's what I usually sleep in.

"I don't care, I'm a married man, in case you've forgotten," he says showing me his ring.

I roll my eyes and scoff. "That's not the point."

He ignores me and continues the conversation about Jack, "Why wouldn't you tell him?"

"I don't know. It's just-" I struggle to find the words i'm looking for. "What if I only think I have feelings for him just cause I'm seeing him again."

He shakes his head. "What you described last night is just some crush, you really love him."

I sighed "I guess, I just don't know how to tell him and-"

Someone comes bursting through the door. "Oh sorry I-" Jack stops as soon as he sees me. He scans my body up and down and quickly realizes what he's doing. He backs out of the room and shuts the door behind him.

"This is why you should've let me put clothes on," I whisper shout at Corbyn.

He gives me an apologetic smile and shrugs. I glare at him in response. "Ok, ok. I'll go talk to him," he says as he raises his hands in surrender.

I can hear Jack and Corbyn talking outside the door.

"What were you guys doing?" I hear Jack ask.

"We were just taking."

"Why did she have her clothes off?" he is clearly confused and a little angry.

"I dragged her out of bed. It's my fault man."

"Ok."

"Ok?"

"Yeah. Its fine. It's not like she's my fucking girlfriend."

I knew that was true, but it hurt to hear him say those words.