chapter 10

🌼jack's pov🌼

"Eben," I whisper shout from behind the door of the dressing room. He waves his hand to dismiss me then holds up his finger to signify 1 second until he can talk.

A minute later he comes to the dressing room to talk to me. "What did she say?"

He shakes his head. "I don't know man."

"What does that mean?"

"She's just-" he pauses "She's caught up in he past." I give him a questioning look, urging him to continue. "She was talking about how she always felt like a burden when you guys were together."

"But now she's working with us. Why would she feel like a burden?"

He shrugs and continues, "She also said that it felt like you never understood her."

I sigh and slam my fist against the wall. "I'm sorry man," Eben starts, "Maybe it's just not meant to be."

,,,

"Absolutely incredible you guys," Margot says as we come of stage. She wraps each of us in a hug as she congratulates us.

"Probably shouldn't have done that, we're all pretty sweaty," Corbyn says causing us all to laugh.

"I don't care! I'm so proud of you guys!" She says before she hugs us all for a second time. "The venues your playing are huge!"

Everyone behind to celebrate and I decide to pull Margot aside. "Can I talk to you," I whisper from behind her. She nods and begins to follow me to the dressing room.

"What's up?" she asks as we sit on the couch.

"I want to talk," I pause, "about us."

"Oh?"

"Obviously we have a history. And although it didn't end well I've been thinking, what if now is our time?"

"Oh, Jack-"

"No Margot, I'm serious. The problem was that I was holding you back. And I'm so sorry. But now," I reach over and grab her hand, "It's our time."

She looks into my eyes as a tear starts to form. "Jack I-"

A single tear starts to run down my cheek.
"Margot, please," I breathe out.

"I'm sorry. I can't do this right now," she runs out of the dressing room.

🌼margot's pov🌼

"Margot?" Corbyn ask as I walk past him. I stop and turn towards him. "What's wrong?" He ask when he sees tear running down my face.

"Can we go somewhere else?"

"Im supposed to help pack up, but," he looks around before he grabs my hand. "Come on," he says pulling me through the venue.

"Cover for me?" Corbyn says as he run past Jonah.

"What? What's wrong?" Jonah says as he starts running with us. "Dani, cover for us," I hear Jonah say from behind me.

"Uh- Ok?"

We get outside the venue and head towards the car.

"Where are you going?" we hear Eben call.

Corbyn presses as finger to his lips. Eben shakes his head, "Be back in an hour."

Corbyn flashes a thumbs up before climbing into the drivers seat.