chapter 15

🌼jack's pov🌼

I walk into the back room where Margot has papers spread out in front of her. He face being lit by the dim glow of her laptop screen. She didn't seem to notice my presence.

"Hi," I say, trying to grab her attention.

She looks up from her computer screen and sets down the pen she was writing with. "Hey," she says with a tight smile.

"So about last night..." I trail off.

"Oh. It's not a big deal."

"No it is, I'm sorry."

"Really, Jack. It's nothing. You saw me with Blake. Just because you're my ex doesn't mean this has to be awkward. We've moved on."

"I know. I just feel like I owe you an apology."

"You don't owe me anything."

I stay silent for a moment as my gaze moves from her eyes to her lips. In a moment of weakness, I pulled her close to me and pressed her lips against mine. It only lasted for a second before I realized what I was doing. "I- I'm so sorry," I say. All of the sudden Margot pulls me back into the kiss and our lips are moving in sync once again.

I break away from the kiss. "I love you, Margot," I say before pulling her back in. It last a few more seconds before she pulls away and rest her forehead against mine. "I love you too, Jack"

A/N- sorry this is such a short chapter!