5

Chapter 5

After our heated love-making, Zach immediately walked out of the kitchen. As always, hindi niya nanaman pinansin ang hinanda kong pagkain. Nagbihis ako at nanatiling nakaupo sa counter habang pinagmamasdan ang nakahandang pagkain sa lamesa. Medyo nakaramdam ako ng gutom kaya kahit walang gana ay sinubukan ko pa ring kumain. Halos sampung minuto lang ang ginugol ko doon. Naisipan kong takpan na lamang ang mga iyon at sumunod sa itaas.

"Zach?" I called out as I opened the door of our room.

I checked the bathroom and walk-in closet pero wala siya doon. Nagkibit-balikat ako at kumuha na lang ng malinis na tuwalya para makaligo na. After taking a bath, dumeretso ako sa dresser para mag-apply ng lotion. Siguro ay nasa library si Zach? Sa pagkakarinig ko kanina, 9 pm ang sinabing oras ni Mr. Zabinzki.

The door creaked open, pulling me out of my thoughts. Mabilis kong tinapos ang paglolotion. Zach entered the room, dressed in a black shirt and black jeans. His hair a ruffled mess. His onyx eyes analyzed me from top to bottom in a quick once over. Sometimes I wondered if he was sttracted to me, or I was just really desirable. I had been complimented a lot of times with my body figure. I find it something that shouldn't be bragged about tho.

"Saan ka galing?" I asked, trying to act casual.

"Library."

"You should eat first. Anong oras ka ba aalis?"

Hindi siya sumagot at dumeretso lang ng upo sa kama. I bit my lower lip. Inabot niya ang remote ng TV at tamad na isinindi iyon. He looked breath-taking with the black shirt complimenting all his right angles and strong physique. With his narrowed nose and tightly pressed lips, my husband looked like he just came out straight from an International TV commercial.

I could feel the butterflies creating a massive chaos on my stomach just by watching his serious expression.

"Y-You look handsome," I voiced out.

He turned his head on my direction, eyebrows twitched and his lips on a grim line.

"I mean- you've always been handsome... in my eyes." I gulped.

My fingers automatically played with my wedding ring out of embarrassment. The way he watched me intensely and with a hint of mockery made me feel conscious and a little uncomfortable. Hindi ko tuloy maitago ang pagkahiya, pag-iwas ng tingin, at pagdiretso sa walk-in closet na parang robot.

Iritado kong sinuot ang damit pantulog ko. It was a lingerie, the one I asked him to buy when we've gone shopping on Mall of Asia with tita Leandra. That was two months ago, noong huling bisita pa namin sa kanilang mansion. He bought the lingerie not because I wanted it, but because tita Leandra forced him to.

Nadatnan ko si Zach na nasa dating pwesto pa rin. Nakatuko ang kanyang mga kamay sa kama, nakapikit at nakatingala. His strong forearms on display, the veins popping out slightly and looking extra sexy with his adam's apple protruded. The television's still on but I noticed that he had the volume minimized. Hindi niya napansin ang paglapit ko.

I cleared my throat to get his attention.

"Gusto mo bang ipaghatid kita ng dinner?" I asked softly.

He opened his eyes and I felt, yet again, so little underneath his cold gaze. His onyx eyes seemed a little more alive though, in contrast with the dark shirt, as if they were supposed to exist in a different dimension. They were devastatingly beautiful. There was no flaw, no wrong in sight, he seemed inhumane. He was the most enticing of mysteries, but no one dared to get close enough to solve him. Not even me.