19

Chapter 19

He maneuvered the car out of the basement. The subtle scent of his male musk and the sensual heat of his body hit my nose. Hindi ako mapakali. I always loved him being this near and I am so addicted to his smell pero ngayon, hindi ko siya matignan. My eyes refused to look at him and so I just pretended I was busy looking outside the window.

Palihim kong pinunasan ang gilid ng mata ko. I don't want to notice any sign of my tears. He would only think I am so dramatic.

It was a bit traffic and I suppose it would be heavy minutes from now. Sumulyap ako kay Zach. The car was silent. Neither of us talked or opened a topic for discussion. I also didn't know where or what to begin with so I remained tape-mouthed.

Why wouldn't be want me to get the ring? That's my ring. It's mine. If he doesn't care about his then I am not like him. I treasure it so much because that's the proof of our vows.

"You're rather quiet." He breaks the silence, making me turn my head in his direction as we came to stop at a red light.

He's steering the wheel with one hand as the other arm leans against the window. Huminga ako ng malalim at umiling.

"I'm just thinking," I muttered under my breath.

He glanced at me from the corner of his eyes, his hand tightening against the steering wheel. Bumuntong-hininga ako at nag-iwas ng tingin. I turned my head away and looked at the cars that have stopped beside us instead.

"What about?" He asked coldly, slowly taking off again.

Slightly taken aback, I turned to him. Why is he suddenly asking me questions? What if I tell him I was thinking about the ring? It would just make both our moods sour and I don't want to get into fight with him again.

"Just some random things." I lied.

He didn't answer. I sighed and tried to close my eyes. I feel dizzy. Siguro dahil hindi ako masyadong nakatulog kagabi. I yawned and tried to sleep but the leather seat doesn't make me comfortable. Nilingon ko si Zach.

"Can I lay my seat back a bit?" I asked softly.

I looked at him with pleading eyes. Hindi ko nga alam kung bakit pa ako nagtatanong. This is his car and I should do whatever I want to do with it because I am his wife. But no, he never gave me the right to it. Para akong estrangherong nakikipag-free ride lang. Kung gustuhin ko mang i-open ang iTouch sa loob ng kanyang kotse, kailangan ko pang magpaalam.

Whatever happened in the past 11 months of being his wife, Amber?

Hindi ko alam. The only thing I know is that I loved his every broken piece. My love for him was selfless. Iyong ibinubuhos ang atensyon sa kanya ng buong-buo. Walang itinitira sa sarili. I lowered my pride for him. I gave up everything... for him. I fought hard for a love that will never happen. I held on to it without the assurance that I needed.

"Of course, you may." Malamig niyang sinabi.

I tried to ease the sudden heaviness on my chest. I layed back on my seat and tried to sleep. My lids fell quickly. Nasa Laong Laan na kami nang magising ako. Kinusot ko ang mga mata at umayos ng upo.

Yawning, sumulyap ako kay Zach na seryosong-seryoso pa rin sa pagdadrive.

"What did you make?" He asked in a deep baritone.

"Hm?" I slurred.

I blinked the sleep away and glanced at him again. He was just looking ahead seriously, his muscles looked strained from the way he was gripping the steering wheel.