Chapter 17- 3rd Task

> Third Person POV >

Happy interments played as kids talked happily "i'll be on the stands love" Draco said, gently rubbing Harry's back in consistent small, smooth circles and Harry nodded slowly "you'll do great" he finished, gently kissing Harry's cheek making him smile "our first champions" was announced and Harry left with Cedric after Draco ran to the stands..

Draco waited eagerly as the boys left into the maze as the cannon blew.. Hermione put her hand on his shoulder and leaned on him "he'll do great, Draco" she said and he smiled "i know he will" he said proudly..

Harry ran past the vines as they dragged themselves across his skin, leaning soft, itchy scratches all over him. Cedric was right behind him as they fought for the blue, shinning cup ahead, roots below gripped around Cedric's ankles and he called out for Harry.. who slowed down and looked back at him, he hesitated for what felt like 10 minutes and pulled his wand out; casting the Reducto spell "i really thought you were going to leave me there" he said with a awkward laugh as he stood up "i did too.." Harry said slowly and he gave a weak smile.. soon the hedges around them started closing so the ran for the cup. "Take it!" "what?" "Take it! you saved me!" "together!" Harry called and Cedric nodded, jumping for it with him.

Harry landed on the muddy, gray, cold ground and looked around as Cedric got up "what is this place?" he said, pulling his wand out. Harry stood up and looked around, he found a grave stone.. "I've been here.. in my dreams.. we have to get out of here Cedric" He said quickly and a light crunch of pebbles came from a run down house ahead and a crusty, short man came out and Harry's head seared and he clapped his hands to it "ah" he groaned harshly "who's there?" Cedric said, pointing his wand at the man "kill the spaaaare" the high, cold voice said and Peter pointed the wand at Cedric and he dropped to the ground "NO! Cedric!" Harry called trying to go to the pale, lifeless soul of his now deceased body. 

Harry ran to Cedric and put his hand on his chest and quickly accioed the cup and was back in the field, weeping over Cedric's ice cold body.. the crowd was cheering happily and Mr. Diggory was clapping hands with people, happy to see his son.. Fleur saw and screamed at the sight of Cedric's body.. Hagrid stopped clapping, soon others did too and the crowd muttered.. Dumbledore came over and grabbed Harry's shoulders "NO! NO!" Harry cried as Dumbledore tried to pull him off, he went around and kneeled in front of him "He's back! He's Back! Voldemort's back! Cedric! He asked me to bring his body back.. i couldn't leave him! not there!" Harry cried, tears streaming down his face and blurring his vision as he looked at the headmaster "it's alright Harry" Dumbledore said in a slow, calm voice.. cupping the boy's head "he's home, you both are" he said and Harry whimpered softly. "Keep everybody in their seats! a boy has just been killed" Fudge told Snape and his blank eyes widened, the crowd gasped in terror. "Let me through! Let me through!" Mr. Diggory said, pushing past people "That's my son! That's my Boy! That's my boy!" he cried, leaning over his pale face and Harry fell back.. as more tears streamed down his face.. Harry was pulled up, not knowing who until he was pulling into the nice warm chest of Draco "baby, sh" he said softly as Harry whimpered harshly, knowing he could cry with Draco.. he hugged around his neck tightly as he cried weakly. "Potter, come with me" Moody tried to get Harry out of Draco's grip, which didn't work as he shook his head quickly, still hiding his face in Draco's chest. He grumbled and left with a heavy sneer and Draco held him closely "it's not your fault baby, calm down love" Draco said in a soothing voice and Harry let out a soft hick up and whimpered softly, Cedric was moved soon later and so were the students in the stands.. Draco kissed Harry's head softly and shushed him, rubbing small circles on the small of Harry's back and he let out a heavy sigh as his eyes burned and his throat throbbed from being soar.. "come on sweetheart" Draco said and Harry protested, not wanting to move "fine, i'll carry you" Draco said, leaning down slightly and putting his arm under Harry's leg and the other one around his back to support him and he lifted him making him blush and smile slightly.. he wiped his face and hid it in Draco's chest, opposite of where he soaked the other side.