Chapter Four: He's slipping away.

I could hear his voice cracking as he begged "w-what..d-do...I...do?"

I didn't respond and Ouma just sighed 'nevermind...it was pointless asking you...you...wouldn't understand' he signed clearly disappointed.

"Ouma I just-" I started when he interrupted me 'it's ok...I guess I shouldn't expect other people to solve my problems...' he replied.

That was the worst mistake of my life.

-2 Weeks Later-

It's been two weeks since that day. Honestly I am absolutely terrified at the idea of what's going to happen.

Since then he stopped talking to me entirely- only it's not like how it was originally when I met him when he shut out the whole world.

This time he still has retained whatever we managed to build together that helped him. He hasn't done anything self harming or in a state of panic though I don't know if he's just hiding that.

He just...he is just gloomy. He is always seeming to be in thought, and occasionally I see him talking to Harukawa and Kiibo though I don't know what about.

I just wish he would talk to me...I know it probably sounds like I'm desperate. It's just...Ouma was my first ever friend. I never felt so connected with someone and had that feeling that wanting to stay by someone's side before.

It changed me.

He led to me discovering abilities and traits and memories I didn't even realize I had forgotten and needed to talk about and I liked being able to help him with his problems.

Now whatever bond we had created is breaking. And its all my fault.

Should I try to talk to him again...? I mean, maybe he's forgiven me...it's not like I have all the answers in life...but at the same time I've been worrying about him a lot.

He...he's just disappearing.

I took a deep breath as I got out of my seat and headed over to Ouma's desk "hey Ouma...how are you?" I asked and Ouma just didn't respond.

"I was wondering if you could help me get into some music, you seem to like it a lot" I lied.

'That's a lie' Ouma replied and I winced, he can't even see me while I lie and he can tell...

"You caught me, I just really want us to hang out" I admitted and Ouma just sat there.

'Every time we hang out someone gets hurt either emotionally or physically' Ouma admitted and I laughed a bit "that's true huh...still Ouma I still want us to hang out" I told him.

'No' Ouma immediately signed and I paused confused "what?" I asked confused.

'Don't you dare do this to me' he scolded me, his eyes filled with both rage and sorrow.

"I don't understand..." I told him.

'Saihara I don't want you to break me again or get hurt, just let me take care of myself already' he begged me.

"Ouma no one should have to go through things alone-" I started when he finally opened his mouth "NO" he yelled and my eyes widened.

My eyes widened and he just kept shaking his head 'no ok, just no...please just don't do this to me...' he begged I could barely make out what he was saying because of how much his hands were shaking.

I paused and finally sighed "you do know I will be here and I will try to help you right?" I asked him and Ouma nodded.

"Ok then...I'll leave you be...just please...don't destroy yourself..." I begged him and Ouma didn't reply.

I guess I should have expected that.

-/-/-

"He's alive...and she's finally gone..."