Chapter Thirty One: Love

It's a weird story.

I mean my life started with pain. And then joy. And then more pain. It always seems to follow that kind of rotation.

I'm not going to bore you with the details of how each and every single day I would wonder about him.

How every day I wondered if he was still replaying our last meeting in his mind. Or if he's happy.

If he's with someone else now.

I don't think I can blame him if he is. Still at least he will never be able to say he never had the weirdest first boyfriend.

I don't know how far I've even traveled. Country to country I have fled and I have ran and kept running.

And killing.

I can tell the world is slowly opening itself to the reality of what's really been going on. Some of the cases deemed group suicides like for my friends are getting looked into again.

I guess thats more thanks to my beloved. He's out there still calling out Themis and looking into all these cases for their traces.

Similar to myself and Harukawa finding the path they made and tracking them down.

The world is still a horrible place. Themis is still active. And I know one day...I won't be the person who I was when I first met Shuichi.

When I fell in love with Shuichi.

When I left him behind.

Still...at least I know that I won't ever become an insane killer. That if I ever destroy what was left of my original personality he'll make sure to end me.

I grinned as I held the cassette tape in my hands, how many of these had I given him over the years? I always remembered to bring one.

This year would be the third.

"Boss!" A girl called.

My new organization. Filled with the friends of everyone who lost someone to Themis. Like me.

I called them K.N.I.G.H.T

Know
Now
Innocence
Guide
Home
Tonight

Harukawa asked me why I didn't just use DICE. But...that name is reserved. This isn't DICE.

It was something entirely new. I turned to the person and nodded, feeling the cape behind me flowing with the wind, "yeah yeah I'm coming" I told her adjusting my mask.

I reached into my pocket and squeezed a piece of fabric belonging to what was once a great scarf.

Hey guys...I did it...we have a bunch of members...and I rule the world...you proud?

-/-/-/-

My soulmate lives a life in hiding. I have no idea where he is and only the whisper of rumors gives me clues.

And those clues aren't very helpful all the time. Themis is still holding the world under their thumb and most of the mass still don't believe the truth.

Still with every day I can feel as if we are getting closer to the day I can see Kokichi again.

And he is waiting too. I know it. I looked at the cassette tapes filled with messages from him.

Funny that became our thing. Leaving them out for each other on our windowsills.

I can't help but blame Chiasa for this one.

My Uncle refuses to believe that the world can ever really change. My Father told him to shut up.

The first praise I ever recieved.

I don't know how my Aunt would feel. She was found dead. She had been gone since graduation and I guess we assumed she went on holiday like she said she would.

I wonder if she's happy. Wonder if she and Chiasa ever made up.

I don't know to be honest...I don't know what exactly this future holds for us.

I feel like I am losing this battle...but even then...I will fight. And I will see him again one day.

And it won't be with me having to pull a trigger. Maybe I could get down on one knee.

Or ask him finally for that first date.

This is a weird story. Filled with a mystery that's plagued my life for years and learning all sorts of things about a person I thought I knew like the back of my hand.

How grief and fear changes people. And that even the most broken person can be saved.