Chapter Twenty Nine: Pink

"Boss we managed to identify the blood, it belongs to Kokichi Ouma. We also found the remains of a baseball bat with the victims presumed blood. It was him. He did it."

Losing an abillity usually heightens the other senses. So I could already tell where this was going.

I heard Saihara...Shuichi hang up and braced myself, "Kokichi...what happened that night?" He asked calmly.

"I played poker with a rabid racoon" I quickly said, not even bothering to come up with something plausible "Kokichi this is serious...I need to know...did you...did you actually kill someone?" He asked. I could hear the pain and betrayal in his voice.

"Yeah. I did." I admitted.

"Why...? Who was it...?" Shuichi asked, his voice was dry. I sighed, "the substitute. When you left me that day I wanted to get revenge on that murdering b*stard. It was all I could think about that he got to walk away scot free and here I was still with all this sh*t.

"I employed Harukawa and together we created a plan to track me down...I played bait.

"It really made me boil more when he killed Kiibo. But because of that look at the fancy new leg I got...it's morbid I know...I just...

"I knew if I couldn't even walk I would die. And...I didn't want to die anymore after all we went through. Chiasa's last message really pushed it in...I'm not in the mood for a lecture...

"So I got the surgery and a lot of planning later, and faking a numb state he got me. And I got him.

"Harukawa tracked me through a signal we put inside the leg and...I wish I came up with something different.

"The plan actually did have me dying in the end to buy time and escape being tortured again. I didn't tell Harukawa that part obviously...she found me just in time." I admitted.

"You were going to kill yourself again?" Shuichi asked choking out the words and I nodded.

"But...Saihara the substitute...wasn't just a substitute...." I told him, "he wasn't just a member of Themis...he...he's my Dad" I choked out.

I felt like vomiting just saying it out loud.

"He's...but he...how can he be your Dad?" Saihara asked and I shrugged, "beats me...I also figured out my Mother was dead...and...he knew me to much.

"He knew how to press my buttons...until I snapped. I don't know how or how many times I must have hit him before I finally stopped...

"And realized what I had f*cking done. I ruined everything Shuichi...everything I was working towards...and anything I ever valued or whatever morals I had...gone.

"And the worst part is...I don't think I'm satisfied" I admitted, "I wanted him to feel just as much pain as I did...and I didn't even come close...because I let him die.

"And now...well look where we are Shuichi" I sighed, "it's the end isn't it?" I asked.

"No Kokichi we are going to get you out of this...somehow...I have some people who know good lawyers...I...I won't let you be stuck in jail your whole life!" Shuichi shouted.

"I'm sorry. But it looks like we aren't going to be moving out to that cool apartment you've been hyping up even if you haven't even found it yet.

"Never going to go on a date with you. And I don't think we're even going to have a happy ending Shuichi" I confessed.

"There has to be a way..." Shuichi mumbled "I could hide you...no they would check here first..." he kept rambling.

"Shuichi" I called and I could tell I had his attention as I took a deep breath, "I already know...I have a plan already...probably the worst I ever made...but its a plan" I assured him.

"What kind of plan? Are you going to get hurt?" He asked, "well it probably will happen, I can't really prevent it if I want to make it look genuine" I told him.

"Make what look genuine?" Shuichi asked.

"What everyone's been waiting for. The death of Kokichi Ouma, now on the bridge near you"