Chapter Five: Legacy

"Kiibo! Get you and your cousin to school now or you'll be late!" My aunt yelled from across the house. I groaned a bit, I had been waiting for at least twenty minutes for Kiibo to finally get ready.

Seriously and people think I'm the reason he's late sometimes...

"Sorry!" Kiibo apologized and immediately I heard the door being flung open and Kiibo rushing me outside.

"Shoot we're going to be late..." Kiibo groaned and I sighed, 'you should have gotten up earlier' I scolded him.

"What did you say?" He asked confused and I gave up. That's half our conversations summed up.

"Hey...I...sorry" Kiibo apologized and I paused in confusion 'what?' I asked and Kiibo seemed uncomfortable.

"I just...I realized soon will be...the anniversary" he mentioned and my eyes widened, has time really gone on that quick?

"Like...three months and we'll be graduated...wonder if you would have gone to college if..." he started and I froze in confusion.

'What do you mean if? I'm still going to college' I told him and Kiibo paused, "my parents don't want you to...they said your to damaged to even go out much...they actually want to homeschool you but since we're already so close to graduation..." Kiibo started and I froze.

Seriously? They decided that all on their own? My future? Shouldn't I have a choice in this, so what's going to happen with what my Mother gave me for college? Are they just going to take that all away...

"Heh...it's going to be fine" Kiibo said brightly "I...hey Ouma...can I ask you something?" Kiibo asked and I nodded.

"Can...can I go with you this year...I...I want to finally say goodbye to Otome...I never did get a chance to...before you guy's..." he started and I paused.

Lies.

"Heh...actually...that might not be a good idea...Mom probably wouldn't even let you..." he mumbled and I gritted my teeth.

Why is nearly everyone either wanting to beat me to death or coddle me as if I'm still a vegtable?

"Let's just go..." Kiibo told me and we continued on our way as we eventually go to our school.

"I actually have to do somethings before class...wait a few minutes for me, ok Ouma?" He asked not really expecting an answer.

"I'll take being mute as an answer, I'll be back soon" Kiibo called and I groaned.

Great. Just...great...

"Hey it's nearly that day again" someone mentioned, "you mean when the school went into a blazing inferno?" Someone laughed.

"Hey it wasn't that funny, we nearly lost the class turtle that year! All because of those d*mn depressed kids!" Someone pointed out.

"Honestly I'm kind of glad those kids are gone" one mentioned, "I mean that red haired chick was basically the devil incarnate to everyone and all they ever did was cause mayhem!" One vented.

"Ugh I know right? They kept acting as if they ran the place...so annoying...they got what they deserved" they agreed.

"I mean...wasn't that red haired girl deaf?" One asked, "probably faking like that grape haired kid is being blind and crippled...honestly kids or people like that shouldn't be kept alive what's the point?" They asked and I gritted my teeth.

You can make fun of me. You can mentioned how I nearly burned the whole school down cause I didn't mention that broken outlet...but never insult my friends...

I heard the voices drawing closer when I decided to try and track their location using what I could of my sight which was basically light and shadow and my hearing as they drew near.

Come on..few more steps...you *ss...

Once I deemed it close enough I took my one mobile leg and held it out. Nothing.

"Hah he's trying to trip you" One kid complained.

"Huh so he is really blind...still can'tlet him off easy just cause he missed" One mentioned and I could feel them dragging me up by the shirt.

I really should have thought this more through...Momota rubbed off on me to much...

"You freaking brat! Pretending to be mute and all that junk! Just say something!" They screamed and I gritted my teeth.

"Just leave him, he isn't worth the effort" one agrued and they threw me back onto the chair.

"Whatever...he's probably going to die sooner or later anyway when his Mom get tired of him" one joked.

"Hah! Or jump off a bridge like he did last time!" Another added in and I just covered my ears as they continued joking along.