Chapter Six: Kiibo

-?-

"Hey Kiibo?" Otome asked and I glanced over at her, "what?" I asked and she shifted uneasy "do you think friends can really stay like that even if they can't see each other anymore?" She asked.

I grinned, "don't worry Otome! I'll be your friend forever! No matter what happens!"

-3rd Grade-

"Woah look a robot!" A called and someone walked up to me "are you some kind of walking waste bin?" They asked and I felt myself becoming embarrassed.

"No I'm just like you guys..." I told them hurrying up my speed and into my classroom.

Why is it like this everyday?

"Hey Kiibo!" Momota called and I thankfully ran over to my group of friends.

"I hear in a few months we're getting a new student" Akamatsu squealed "I wonder what they're like..." she mumbled to herself.

"I know" I told them and got out my school stuff, Amami's jaw dropped "how do you already know?! We just figured out this morning!" He asked.

"Oh that's because it's-" I started and Momota stared at me in awe "I knew it robots do have powers!" And I groaned in response.

"No I know because the new kid is my cousin!" I snapped and they all made an oh sound. Harukawa gave Momota the death stare.

"His name's Kokichi Ouma" I told them, "I'm supposed to look after him once he gets here" I shrugged.

"What's he like?" Akamatsu asked and I sighed, "he's crazy...we used to live together for some reason...he pulls pranks all around the house, makes mean jokes about me being a robot, and he is obsessed with cartoon villians enough to act like one" I complained.

"He doesn't sound that nice..." Akamatsu sighed, "meh I'm sure Kiibo is over exaggerating" Momota replied.

"No! I'm not! Even my mom doesn't like him! She says he's just like my aunt! A sad attention seeker!" I fired back.

"Well...you don't have to let him join our group though right?" Amami asked and my eyes widened, "you mean...just leave him alone?" I asked and he nodded.

"I think that's going to far, maybe we can be friends with-" Momota started but Amami shot him a look.

"Ok...but if I get on trouble it's all your guy's faults" I told them.

-/-/-

I hope Mom doesn't kill me when she figures out I'm not looking after him...I sighed as I pratically skipped around the halls when I saw a girl reading in a corner.

"Hello?" I called and I heard a small squeal as I walked over to the girl. She had light purple hair put into pony tails and big round glasses along with a scarf she was hiding under.

"Uh...hi! My names Kiibo!" I greeted and she paled, "I-I know...we've been in the same class since kindergarten..." she reminded me and my mind drew a blank.

"O-oh...I'm sorry I don't remember your name" I told her nervously and she looked down uncomfortable, "that's cause you never asked..." she told me.

"Oh...sorry...what's your name?" I asked and her face seemed to be heating up, "m-my names T-Tsuki...Tsuki Otome...it's nice to meet you" she greeted.

"Whatcha reading?" I asked sitting next to her in the hall, "harry potter...I can't really understand all the words though..." she admitted.

I glanced over "woah those words are really hard" I told her, "can I read with you?" I asked and she slowly nodded.