Chapter Eleven: Just Desserts

"Hey Ouma" Harukawa greeted closing the door. I waved to her as a greeting.

"How was the operation?" She asked and I paused, 'I always could feel one leg, the one that wasn't as badly damaged...the other one isn't mine so I still don't really feel it as much as I can tell it's there...it's cold' I told her.

She didn't say anything, 'I know this is messed up' I told her, "you sure you needed to do this?" She asked and I nodded.

'Just cause your the muscle for this doesn't mean I'm going to literally be defenseless' I told her.

"Saihara asks me about you" she told me and I paused, "you sure you don't want to get him involved? He is a detective" she asked me.

I nodded, 'yeah and he already proved himself not to be trustworthy' I told her. She sighed, "you know...it's weird talking to you like this" she remorced.

'What do you want to ask me if I want to die? Want that fresh nostalgia?' I asked her.

"Not that, I don't understand why you asked me" she said, "I mean we never got along" she reminded me.

'Yeah and let any of those other idiots? As much as I hate to say this they are all dense and your the only one who knows the truth and is willing to help me do this' I told her.

"Fair enough" she replied, I guess satisfied. I didn't even know what I had to do, or rather what I should do.

A part of me was pleading for me to forgive Saihara. To regain my trust in him and have all that friendship power...to ignore that voice in my head telling me what to do. Have a happy ending.

But at the same time he lied to me. He didn't keep his promise to help me when I needed him and instead acted like everyone else. I gave him my heart, and he dropped it.

Maybe I deserve that. Because his cousin apparently had a crush on me...one I only figured about mere seconds before she got taken in.

How long did she feel like that...? And I never told her I was gay. She was a sister to me. It couldn't have been more.

Perfect karma from the universe if I have to say. Have someone carry unrequited love, and then you be rejected. Ok maybe not exactly the same. I don't like Saihara like that.

Probably.
Hopefully.
Ok I really like his voice.

It doesn't matter. Even when all this is over I already know he wouldn't like anyone like me. I'm sure if I could look at myself I wouldn't like what I see.

'You didn't tell anyone right? About the surgery' I asked her, "no one knows a thing about it, even the news since this was experimental" she assured me.

I nodded, good. She didn't stop talking there, "why do you care if they know or not?" She asked and I just sat idle.

'I thought it was obvious' I told her and she still didn't get the hint, "what are you planning?" She pushed again.

'Think of what they did to Kiibo Harukawa' I instrcuted her, 'Kiibo had ties to DICE more than just being our classmate...he's both my cousin and he liked Otome' I told her.

"What does that have to do with this?" She asked, 'the person has realized I'm not some powerless vegetable anymore, their trying to get in my head...lure me away and then finally complete what they started' I told her.

"So how do you plan to stop them? We already know the police is horrible and we don't even know how to find the sub...wait a second...your not-" she realized and I nodded.

'I'm the bait, we're going to install a tracking device to my body so once it finally happens you can follow and help me out' I told her.

"You could die you know, I might not notice in time" She told me.

'Well nothing in life is easy is it? Are you in or out?' I asked her. I could tell she was avoiding her answer.

"Fine, you freaking grape child" she muttered the last part to herself.

I crossed my legs, "back at you little red on steroids" I knew her expression must have been shocked.

I only grinned as I finally shut out that voice.

I don't need him.