Chapter Seventeen: Dark

'Take it' I told him. Please just take it...if I listen to it one more time I'm going to break.

The whole time listening to that tape made me feel like I was going to bawl my eyes out. It wasn't fair. None of this was freaking fair...and I'm the only one who can carry out that wish.

To live over a hundred. To live in general. And for the past few years all I've been trying to do was die. Even after listening to her final message I wouldn't be able to carry out that.

"Really?" He asked and I nodded, 'your trying to make things right too aren't you?' I asked.

"I'll try" he assured me and I nodded. Then at least someone can pick up the pieces if this all goes horribly wrong...."you should work with me to Ouma, we should work together on this" Saihara offered.

I want too. I want to a lot. But...once he realizes how I'm probably going to die being the sacrifical lamb to finally get my revenge...

He wouldn't let me. Simple as that. Part of me wants to bail. To just hug Saihara and tell him all my problems and rekindle our friendship.

But...it's probably too late huh?

'You have your way, I have mine' I eventually said. I knew he wouldn't really be satisfied with this "but Ouma-" he started.

"No" I yelled at him. I sighed 'Saihara...you broke my trust and you know that, if you want to fix this fine but I'm not helping you' I reminded him.

"I know and I'm sorry but-" he tried to say but I interrupted him, "just go" I dismissed him.

Don't make this hard for me...just go live and be over a hundred...live forever for all I care.

The sound of the door closing signaled for me to internally scream.

-/-/-/-

"Ok Ouma I got it" Harukawa called not even bothering to knock on the door as I grabbed onto the chip.

'Great, I'm going to need to attach this to Kiibo's leg' I told her outstretching my leg and I could hear her grabbing tools.

"If you did this yourself you would break it" she scolded me and I rolled my eyes. Oh thank Atua I didn't have to do it.

After around twenty minutes it was all done, "this is so messed up..." she muttered and I nodded.

Really is.

"How's your walking going?" She asked and I sighed, 'physical therapy sucks' I vented.

"You literally haven't walked in four years" she reminded me, 'yeah which is why this hurts a lot and I keep flopping around like a fish out of water' I complained to her.

"So you can't walk?" She asked I could hear her surpressing a laugh, 'I can, for two steps without falling down' I admitted.

"You're doomed" Harukawa remarked and I rolled my eyes, 'wow thanks for your valuable insight' I joked.

"You do realize you're probably going to die if I don't notice fast enough" Harukawa reminded me.

I nodded, 'yeah, I'm sure I can survive for at least five minutes and remembering him he likes making them long...' I remarked feeling a chill down my spine.

Get it together. Act like you're ready. Pretend you're ok with this.

"I'm not joking Ouma, when Momota figures this out do you know how much he will freak out?" Harukawa asked and I sighed.

'And? It's not like we're committing murder or something...I'm not sinking down to his level' I assured her.

"You sure?" Harukawa asked for the last time and I groaned, 'for the millionth time yes' I told her. Harukawa sighed, "it's your funeral...literally...good luck" Harukawa wished.

-/-/-/-

On the bright side to this day I missed my dentist appointment. On the bad side...

My Aunt was inside the office as I stayed as still as a statue, I could hear the normal remarks and I tried to ignore them.

"It's been a while hasn't it?" A voice asked from behind me and I felt as if cold icy water was spilled down my back.

It was him.

I didn't even restrain as he dragged me down into an alleyway.  I smelled some drugs on a rag against my mouth. as I felt myself losing consciousness.

Hey Chi...I'm not a hundred...I'm a week from eighteen...older than all of you though.

Is that close enough?
...
All right you can yell at me.