Chapter Nine: Operation

Saihara hasn't talked to me for a while. I'm pretty glad, I really didn't want him too get caught up in this.

But...I already know it's kind of pointless. Soon...he's going to know what I am doing. Whether when it happens or before.

Knowing him he wouldn't let me. He would somehow make me stop this, and I'll fall for his trap.

We would become friends until I needed him and then crush me again. And again. And again.

I already gave him my trust once, I've only ever given that trust after what happened to DICE to Momota.

Not even my own family...and once Momota left I gave it to him. Maybe I was being selfish wanting to somehow be fixed.

For Saihara to somehow fix what's left of me. Those happily ever after endings for us.

Forgot what reality was for a second. I...I won't make the same mistake twice.

-/-/-

"F*CK NO" My Aunt screamed starting off my day. What the heck...what time is it?

"But honey think about it! It will be a benefit to Ouma! Besides I think Kiibo would have wanted this to!" My Uncle argued back.

I don't like the sound of this...usually when they talk about something they think I would like they are wrong.

"This is insane, come on! I won't let my newphew become your little experiment!" My aunt screeched, "but this is what we've been working to all our lives!" He countered.

"Yes! To make Kiibo more and more human! But he's gone now! And I'm not letting you do this thinking it will bring him back!" She argued.

"Let's just ask him then!" He finally stated as I heard him walking towards my room.

"He doesn't even TALK" My aunt called as she seemed to be coming to.

Experiment? And what does this have to do with Kiibo? I...I don't like the sound of this to be honest.

"Shoot we woke him up, oh well" My Uncle said sympathetic, "Kokichi we have something very important to ask you...if you understand please nod" he  told me gently as if I was a child.

I swear to the all mighty Atua I am not a child. Ok, I used to act like one. A lot. Ok, I acted like one all the time! But still!

"I'm telling you this isn't a good idea..." my aunt muttered under her breath.

"You know how your Aunt's and I's research in robotics led us to making Kiibo right?" He asked and I nodded.

"Well...after we got him we turned our research over to medical science" he continued "eventually we discovered how our technology can help people like you Kokichi" he stated proudly.

"But we didn't have any models available to present or any willing participants...so...Kokichi we can't get you your eyes back...but I think we could get to see you walk again" he announced.

My eyes widened. I could...I could walk again?

"However...the only reason we can even do this procedure is because Kiibo is gone" my Aunt started.

"Kiibo's body parts are the most complex we have ever designed...with just a simple modification we can adjust them to respond to your brains commands...but that would include amputating the leg you have on...and getting Kiibo's put on" she added and my eyes widened.

But...that kind of sounds a bit messed up...and since it actually is my fault Kiibo died...why should I get rewarded for it?

An image of DICE and Kiibo flashed through my head. That's right...how can I finally get my revenge on that dirty b*stard if I can't even walk...

I'm weak and vulnerable already. And I hate it. But...if I learned how to walk...I could probably be more useful.

"This operation is dangerous, one wrong move and your whole body could be paralyzed...and your body is already weak..." she mumbled.

'I'll do it' I told them. I wonder what their faces looked like? Shocked? Surprised that I wanted this so badly?

Kind of feels like I'm cheating huh...? Even though you nearly killed me...and broke my body I'm actually getting back up...just wait a bit...for when I can finally punish you for all your crimes.

DICE.

It can be refered to as what you roll in board games or casino ones.

It also means Justice.