Chapter Seven: Choice

Life is unfair.

That is a necessity to learn in places like this. It's just that. You either learn it quickly or suffer more later.

For me life decided to be an absolute jerk. So why did it punish Kiibo? Was it directed at me?

Yesterday the police found him in the river after someone called claiming to have found him sinking. They didn't make it.

The majority of his body was found with a noticeable missing AI along with his memory card so we don't know what happened. At least till they found the note.

They said they found a suicide note on the top of the bridge. Kept down on the ground with a single rock. Underneath was apparently a suicide note from Otome.

It doesn't make sense. Otome was murdered so she would have left no suicide note behind. So...what does that say about Kiibo's death?

Whoever was a f*cking *sshole enough to make him go over is a b*stard. Whoever manipulated with people enough to make any fake suicide note is messed up.

I wanted to read it though.
I don't really know why I did though. Maybe I wanted to see what they morphed one of my best friends into.
And if they did it to anyone else.

"You take him to school" my Aunt barely whispered as I heard the door open. For the whole day I haven't really done anything.

Just thinking. I honestly can't believe someone else is gone. First DICE, then Momota, now Kiibo.

Who's next? The classroom is empty enough as it is. I don't even know if Momota is alive...if he died no one would probably tell me.

They would try to 'protect' me. I guess there's one person I can ask, cause I don't think even Saihara would be honest with me anymore.

It's funny huh? I confessed everything to this guy, my deepest and darkest thoughts and when the time comes when I need him...

He doesn't do anything. I shouldn't be surprised. I mean, I knew this would happen from the start...who would ever want to be friends with someone like me unless out of guilt or obligation?

I guess I was just there to satisfy his curiosity. Thanks Saihara. But I guess I can be blamed to, for being that gullible.

"Kich, come on I'm taking you out" my Uncle called. I raised an eyebrow from this sudden event.

My Uncle then proceeded to take us outside.

-/-/-

It was probably around ten minutes later and the sounds arround me let me know we were in the park.

I could still remember when I first met Kiibo here...and where DICE spent countless hours taking over the playground back in elementary school...

"They were good memories" My Uncle stated breaking the silence. I heard a soft sigh, "I wasn't around as much as I wanted...always trying to think of ways to make Kiibo more human...and I ended up missing a lot..." he reflected.

"Still remember how you and Kiibo used to run around for hours when you lived heren...you would shout robot comments at him...and whether or not he had a d*ck...heh..." he laughed softly.

"What happened...I wonder...now your gone...just a shell of my newphew...and the child me and Mayumi created...is gone too...both for the exact same reason" he sighed and I pondered whether or not to tell him.

But...I already knew he wouldn't be able to accept it. He would just break. Especially if that aching suspicion I have is right...

"Well...I hope he's happy" My Uncle finally stated and my eyes widened "he and your friends...hope they are all happy even though their no longer here..."

I couldn't help wishing that too.

-The Next Day-

"Ouma!" Saihara called as I groaned under my breath. Saihara paused before saying, "I heard about Kiibo...I'm so sorry..." he apologized.

'Don't apologize...it won't make a difference' I told him, but I already knew Saihara wouldn't let me off that easily.

"Still I want to help, I know everyone's just going to leave you by yourself-" Saihara started but I cut him off.

'I'm ok with that' I stated and Saihara didn't respond. So I continued, 'I'll be fine Saihara...I already know how I'm going to deal with this...' I told him and instantly regretted it.

"You keep talking like that! What do you even mean Ouma?" Saihara asked further and I just sighed.

'Just know that whatever decision i make is my own' I told him, 'you made yours and I made mine...so we'll both deal with our consequences...' I told him.

-/-/-

"You asked to meet me here?" Harukawa asked and I nodded, 'you were the one right? Who saw Kiibo drown?' I asked.

"How did you know?" She asked and I just shrugged 'I heard my Aunt and Uncle say the girl who saw it happen was in his class...and if what I think is right he was murdered wasn't he?' I asked.

Harukawa didn't answer, "I saw him get pushed off by him Ouma" she stated and my eyes widened.

"I lied because I knew what would happen if I told the truth..." she stated.

'I don't care about the reasons, I just want to finally do something that should've been done a long time ago...' I stated.

"What?" Harukawa asked.

'I'm getting that old b*stard a taste of revenge'