Chapter Twenty Two: Found

I was walking around the city around the area Ouma was taken when I heard it.

His wheelchair. One of the wheels for weeks has been broken and just by the sound I turned around to see him frozen, but his hands were shaken and Harukawa. She just seemed to be a bit out of it.

"Ouma!" I called as I ran up towards him, Ouma didn't respond "Saihara we have to go" Harukawa quickly said.

I ignored her, "I heard you were kidnapped! What happened Ouma? Please tell me please!" I begged.

Ouma didn't look at me but I heard a soft repeated whisper "I didn't mean to...I didn't mean to...I didn't mean to..." he was so close to hyperventilating.

"What happened?" I asked Harukawa, "try asking later" she snapped and quickly spoke softly "look I don't know how long till he breaks let me go" she asked.

"I'll come with you just explain" I offered and she groaned "whatever gets us inside faster" she mumbled and walked lightning fast down the street as we got to Ouma's house.

-/-/-/-

"So what happened?" I asked. We were back at Ouma's house and Harukawa told his aunt that it was a 'misunderstanding' and that she thought Ouma was left alone on the streets so she took him to her house till she heard about the alert.

Having spent some time with Ouma I could tell it was a lie especially considering his mental state but she buyed it. Surprisingly.

And at the same time everyone thought a gang of teenagers commited suicide and ended it like that. Never digged further.

"Are you going to tell him or do you want me too?" Harukawa asked Ouma. We were in his room now.

"Go away Saihara" he mumbled, "I think we reached a stage in our relationship where you know I won't" I told him.

He chuckled a little "doesn't hurt though...right?" He asked. I looked at him with concern "Ouma...just tell me ok? I know I messed up but I want to help" I told him.

"Heh...heh...heh...help....heh..." Ouma started giggling and it made me feel scared.

"I messed up Saihara...I messed up so badly...you wouldn't even believe it" he barely said anything over a whisper.

"Everything I did was for nothing~" he said sarcastically cheerful, I noticed tears running down his cheek.

"It was all my fault" he admitted.

"Now I know that for sure..." he mumbled, "I f*cking hate myself...I wish I f*cking died that day...heh...but nope...it wasn't even by luck...right Harukawa? You must have heard enough right?" He asked.

Harukawa stayed silent and stared at him as he continued sobbing, "I can't say I'm that shocked though...just don't like the answer...I've been waiting to know why I'm still alive...and the answer sucks..." he screamed.

"I'm happy you're alive" I told him and his eyes widened.

"I'm glad I got to move to this town and meet you, you're a great friend Ouma...I want to help you...I don't understand everything you're telling me or what happened and fine you don't completely trust me" I assured hin.

"Honestly...if I have to admit it I..." i stuttered when I remembered Harukawa was still in the room and she left. I think she could tell.

Oh boy, I felt like a tomato.

I braced myself as I clenched my fist, "Ouma I love you" I confessed and Ouma just stared at me.

"Stop" he quickly begged, "I want to protect you from this place, and help you so you can finally rest easy and be happy to be alive" I admitted.

"Shut up Saihara, you don't know what I've done" he said, "you don't even know HALF the things I've done to people!" He argued.

"Tell me" I told him, "I know the person I fell in love with...the person I want to protect and defend...even if it's probably stupid and it's dangerous I want to stay by your side" I assured him.

"You don't have to carry that burden alone Ouma, you don't need to suffer all alone...you have me...and you have Harukawa...one day we can set this right...will you take a leap of faith with me?" I asked.

I walked over and got onto his level. For a while he didn't say or do anything.

Then he bursted into tears and squished me into a tight hug.