Prologue

Klaus was exploring the streets when he noticed a child. Tears were streaming down her face and a woman, whom Klaus assumed to be her mother, had a grip on her wrist and was dragging her.

Klaus's expression darkened and his anger rose. Children who weren't treated properly hit close to home with him.
He used his vampire speed to get over there quickly.

"I was just walking around and couldn't help but notice this going on."
He motioned towards the crying girl, eyes puffy and red with tear stained cheeks.
"What is going on, exactly?"

"I hardly think that's any business of yours"
The woman spat at Klaus.

His expression darkened and he grabbed the woman's shoulders, staring into her eyes.
"You see, I need answers love. What is going on here?"

"I'm teaching her a lesson. She made a scene so now I'm taking her home and teaching her a lesson."

Klaus's face started to contort with anger.
"And what exactly does a 'lesson' mean?"

"It means I'm going to beat her, until she understands it's not okay to make me look like a fool and that she needs to listen."

"And you'd do that, to your own flesh and blood?"
Klaus growled in anger.

"She's not mine. She was left on my doorstep by an ex-friend who I haven't seen since she was pregnant."

"And who is this friend?"

"A weird one. She was worried every month while pregnant. Like something would randomly hurt the baby."

A werewolf.
Klaus thought to himself.

"That's all the information I need from you. Now, you're going to show me where you live and invite me in. But first, you're going to stop dragging the child."

The woman nodded and let go of the small girl.
"This way."
She started walking.

Klaus knelt down and smiled at the small child.
"You stay here, I'll be back in a moment. She won't hurt you anymore."

The little girl sniffled, wiping her tears then nodded.

Klaus smiled then stood up to following the woman, not realising the small girl was following him.
When he got to the house, he was invited in.

"Now, what do you think the perfect punishment is for child abuse?"
Klaus asked with a dark undertone, walking across the room with his hands behind his back.

The woman shrugged.
"I don't know, I wouldn't know anything about it."

Klaus was starting to get very angry.
"You don't think beating a child is abuse? I saw the bruises on her skin."

The woman remained nonchalant, still under compulsion.

"No, she's under my roof she follows my rules while she's here she- AGH!"
The woman screamed in pain as a sharp knife pierced the back of her knee, causing her to fall to the floor.

Before she could move the little girl had stabbed the knife into her chest.
"I HATE YOU I HATE YOU I HATE YOU!"
She screamed and screamed in anger repeatedly stabbing the woman while Klaus was smirking, slightly impressed.

After a while he went over to the girl, gently gripping her arm.
"That's enough, baby wolf. She won't hurt you anymore."

The blood covered little girl dropped the knife, and allowed Klaus to hold her.

"No one is going to hurt you anymore"

He held her close, like a daughter.

"I'm safe?"
She softly breathed out asking a question.

"Yes little one, you are safe."
He stood up and held his hand out.
"Now, you can come with me if you would like. You can stay safe and understand your rage."

The little girl thought carefully before she smiled, taking Klaus's hand.

He carefully led her out the back of the house.
He knelt down to look at her again.
"What's your name, little one?"
He asked with a smile.

"Zoe"

"Well, Zoe"
Klaus continued to smile.
"How about a different name, a new one for a new life?"

Zoe grinned with happiness and nodded.

Klaus smiled back.
"Okay, how about..."
He thought for a moment then grinned.
"Sylvia?"

She grinned and giggled.
"I like it!"

Klaus chuckled gently.
"Good, now lets go home."
He smiled and gently grabbed Sylvia's hand.

As she walked, there was a little skip in her step.

He saw himself in Sylvia, a child from a different parent being hated and abused then finally lashing out.
He would teach her, protect her and love her as much as he could as though she was her own daughter.

For a vampire can never procreate.