Chapter 31

Sorry for not updating for a very long time. I keep getting ill, my work for uni corrupted (twice) and I ended up with a kidney infection.

I haven't forgotten about this book don't worry! I'm hoping to update more often during the summer when uni finishes.

....

After Kai and I put our bags in our room we went downstairs to talk to Freya, it seemed we had a lot to catch up on.

We sat down and Freya had a look on her face that I couldn't quite pinpoint.

"So, it's been a while. What's the full spectrum of what happened since I left?"

Freya sighed.
"Well, you already know about Marcel. He and Rebekah are off together. Klaus is on his own, Kol is with Davina and Elijah..."
She took a deep breath and I didn't really like that.
"Elijah got himself compelled so that he wouldn't feel the need to come back."

"Compelled? How the hell do you compel an original??"
Elijah was compelled? That was just plain confusing.

"You use Marcel. He's stronger than an Original. So it makes sense."

"Damn, and I thought your family were the biggest baddest things out there."
Kai clipped and folded his arms, resting back in his seat.

Freya half smiled.
"And now we've all separated. Hope is with Hayley and the town has been really quiet since everyone left. Hope also seems to be doing okay, considering she's lost most of her family and will probably never see them again. They need to stay apart so that The Hollow stays dead."

"It makes sense. There's always something going on with this family."
I slightly chuckled and Freya nodded in agreement.

"Well you're welcome to stay as long as you like. Hell knows this big house is quiet."
She smiled.

"Thanks Freya. We'll probably stay for a few days then be off."
I smiled and turned to look at Kai, who was just resting back in his seat. He nodded in agreement.

"Alright, make yourself at home. I've got a few errands to run then I'll be back."
Freya smiled and I nodded as she stood up and made her way out of the house.

"Ah, the joys of being supernatural."
Kai slightly chuckled.
"There's always something else."

....

We'd been here for a few days and Freya was right, the town was really quiet. All the factions were calm and not a single issue had kicked off.

That was so, until Vincent nearly stormed into the house. In one of his little frenzied modes where he's about to go mental over something or an issue that was forming.

"Hey Vincent!"
I smiled and made my way down the stairs.
"What's-"

"You. You can't be here."
He cut me off and spoke quickly.

"What? Why?"

"There's rumours and stories. I've been listening and looking into things since I first heard your name as I thought I'd heard it before."

"Oh this should be good."
Kai sighed and made his way next to me.

"Oh both of you are here? That's just fantastic. But you both need to leave. I don't want either of you endangering this town."