Chapter 2

It was more than easy to gain their trust. Kill a few vamps and 'bad' wolves here and there to protect them and I was in their inner circle within a matter of weeks.
It was only a few more hours until the full moon.

Elijah wanted to keep Elena alive with some elixir, but Damon shoved his blood down her throat.

Elena was currently on a walk with Stefan when her biological father Cooked up a plan.

"So let me get this straight,"
I asked, completely feigning curiosity.
"This spell makes Elena come back to life?"

He nodded.
"That's precisely what happens."

"It's an interesting plan, are you sure it'll work?"

"It has to, it's either that or Elena becomes a vampire. She doesn't want that."

I nodded.
"Well then, let's hope it works"
I smiled.
"I should probably get going, they need me on hand to make sure Elena stays safe."

He nodded at me and I left, sending a text message straight to Klaus.

I know that they're planning.

After a minute a text pinged back. 

Meet me at the area.

I smiled and headed straight to where Klaus was.
He has Elena's aunt there and some other wolf.

"So little one, what do they plan?"

"They plan for Elena to survive."
I said quietly so the others couldn't hear that I knew.

Klaus's face darkened.
"She needs to die for the spell to work."

I smiled.
"But that's the beauty of the spell. She does die."

Klaus cocked his head.
"So the spell will still work?"

I smiled.
"Yes, you'll still be able to break your curse. But it got me thinking."
I grinned and walked to the little altar, dragging my finger along the edge.
"Perhaps Esther was counting on the doppelgänger dying. And this is a loophole you need."

"You think my mother created a fail safe, should I manage to break the curse?"

I nodded.
"And perhaps that fail safe required the doppelgänger alive."
I smiled.
"Blood is the essence of all life, is it not? That's something you all taught me very young."

Klaus smiled.
"So it is. You were always an intelligent one."

"I learned from the best."
I smiled back.

"Now, go hide. I'm going to need you to follow through with what they need."

I nodded and made my way to where I needed to be.

....

The spell had started, Klaus had already killed the wolf. Elena was screaming and Jenna had completed her transition. She tried to run but Klaus staked her.
A few moments after the ring of fire around Elena dissipated and he dragged her to the altar, feeding upon her until there wasn't a single drop left.

The spell worked! Klaus was starting to turn!

I ran to Elena, grabbing her and keeping her safe like I was supposed to. I smiled at Klaus.

But then Elijah came out of nowhere and sunk his hand into Klaus's chest.
I gritted my teeth, he hid this from me. Klaus noticed the shock on my face before he was pushed to the ground.

But Klaus being Klaus, he calmed Elijah with the promise of reuniting him with their family. They quickly disappeared.

"She's okay! I've got her!"
I shouted and picked her up.

Stefan let out a sigh of relief as Damon pulled the wood out of him.
"Take her back."

I nodded and started to carry her back.

...

The spell on Elena worked too. Just after she awoke, her father collapsed outside. Turns out the spell required a life to bring one back to life.

While everyone was focused on Elena, I sent a text to Klaus.

It worked, she is alive.

....

A few days later Klaus replied.

Come home as soon as you can.

I put my phone away and acted like everything was fine.

I managed to sneak away and make my way home.

"So did it work, turning a wolf?"

"No. The wolf we kept in the basement died."

"So either Elena needs to be dead or we need her blood."

Klaus nodded.
"Knowing Esther, it is the latter."

I smiled.
"Try and gather them, you can give me your blood and I can feed on Elena."

"Sylvia..."

I stopped Klaus.
"Klaus, if Elena is there and the transition fails with just her blood, you can kill her."
I smiled and he nodded.
"I know how to gather them, grab my phone and tell them you have me hostage. They'll come."

Klaus's face became plastered with a dark smirk.
"Just like a Mikaelson"

...

"Oh my god Sylvia!"
Elena nearly screamed as she ran over to me, untying the ropes from my wrists.

"Where is everyone else?"
I asked.

"They're looking for Klaus."

"Good."
I growled and wrapped the ropes around her neck, pulling her back to me.
"KLAUS!"
I shouted and he swung the doors open walking in.

"You see. I knew you'd survive."
Klaus said smugly as he walked over to us, bending down and biting into his wrist.
"In fact, I was rather counting on it."
He fed me his blood and I let go of Elena.
"You will stand right there"
He growled to Elena before snapping my neck.