Chapter 14

We headed to Portland, Oregon as fast as we could.
The sooner we got Kai back, the better.

There seems to be some actual truth to what Freya said about my bloodline. I was getting antsy and easily aggravated because I had no idea what was happening to Kai. I know he can't die in the prison world, but isolation can send someone mad.

And we've always spoken about a lot, Kai and I. But neither of us said we loved one another... plus he's a sociopath.

But... it's not like I'm mad. I know when someone's lying and with Kai you can tell by studying his eyes. And since he was always very close to me when he said he was feeling the same weird things I was, I KNOW he wasn't lying.

He just needs someone who isn't going to abandon him...

*FLASHBACK*
"You never told me, how that happened."
Kai said simply while gently tracing the marks on my chest with his fingertips.

I shrugged and looked at him.
"That's because nothing happened, it's been there for as long as I can remember. I think I was born with them."

I traced circles over Kai's hand, as his eyes scanned me and he still seemed enthralled by my marks.

"I've never seen birth marks like them."
He sat up to look at me.
"Then again, I've never seen someone like you either."
He smirked.

I felt the heat rise in my cheeks.
"Sweet talker."
I smiled and gently stroked the back of his head, it was something that soothed and calmed him.

"I smiled and gently stroked the back of his head, it was something that soothed and calmed him

"Mmmm"
He breathed out and smiled.
"That feels nice."

I smiled at him. I could just spend forever here with him.

He then moved over and rested his head on my chest.
"Ah, this is comfy"
He let out a sigh of contentment and I giggled.

"I agree"
I kissed the top of his head and got comfy on my pillow.

I quite like being alone here, spending each day with Kai made me happy. I got to know the man under the facade. The true person behind the humour, the anger and the killing.

And he's the first person to see the real me too.
*END FLASHBACK*

"Something you'd like to share with the class?"
Freya clipped as walked through the woods.

"Oh no, just day dreaming."
I sighed.

"We'll get him back, Sylvia."
She smiled.

"I know... it's just the sooner the better."

"Is the Einn curse bothering you?"

I nodded.
"A little, it's hard to concentrate when I don't know what's happening to Kai."