Chapter 37

"But... I don't want to be a mother. I never have."
I frowned. As awesome as it was to see two powerful tribrids, who were also Gemini coven twins, everyone except Kai seemed to forget everything I'd previous explained: neither of us want to be parents, nor do we have the attitude for it.

Kai nodded in agreement.

"We have no intention of asking you to take up parental duties."
Adrian laughed.
"To be quite honest I've personally had enough of parents in my life."

Kai and I both smiled a little, so did Riley.

"My brother's right. We just want a family in general."

"Well family is something we can definitely offer."
Klaus smiled happily.

"Family, yes. Just not parents."
I smiled back.

"Well, you did send the bitch flying so I don't see why not!"
Kai grinned.

"Family it is then."
I smiled.

.....

Kai, Adrian, Riley and myself stayed for a few more hours before heading back to the house Kai and I bought. Hope also asked Adrian and Riley if they'd go to the boarding school with her, which they were more than happy to oblige as she was the only other Tribrid in existence.

"Wow, this place is so beautiful and peaceful!"
Riley gawked as we walked up to the front door.

"Who'd have known two murderous sociopaths would live in a place of serenity?"
Adrian smiled and I rolled my eyes but laughed.

"Yep!"
Kai spoke and pretty much skipped to the front door.
"Perfectly crafted for seclusion and fun! Sylvia goes on runs and I practice my magic."
Kai grinned before spinning around to go and unlock the door.

"And I guess that means you two can do both, spells and shifting."
I smiled but then a realisation hit me.
"Wait, do you two know about the Gemini merge?"

They both nodded.
"Yeah, but as long as Kai is alive we don't really need to worry about it."
Adrian shrugged as he spoke.
"I'm pretty sure if we had any intention of merging Kai would probably murder us on the spot."

Kai grinned at that last sentence.
"My reputation precedes me it seems."

"Good point."
I responded and headed inside, I was in dire need of a bath.
"Well I'm covered in dried blood, but unfortunately it's my own."
I sighed and headed to the stairs.
"I'm going to clean up, you three try not to murder each other while I'm gone."

"Yes ma'am."
Kai saluted with a cheeky grin while Adrian laughed and bowed.

"You're like two peas in a pod."
I laughed before turning around and heading upstairs to clean up.

It was a weird thing. Having more family here... two biological children who I'd never actually birthed and whom don't actually care if I take the title of mother or not. Which was perfectly fine with me, I've never wanted to be a mother and still don't. They were more like younger siblings to me anyway, they didn't depend on neither Kai nor myself and could live their own lives. So this, I didn't mind for a little while.