Chapter 30

I slowly stirred awake and I was still in Kai's embrace.
It felt nice, waking up next to him while away from trouble and the risk of death.

I reached up slightly and gave Kai a gentle kiss on the cheek.

"Mmm so you're awake now?"
He mumbled sleepily and let out a happy sigh.

"Yep, just wanted to see if you were."
I smiled and slowly sat up, stretching out from being on a not-so-soft floor.

"Who knew the floor wasn't comfy?"
Kai chuckled slightly as he sat up too.

"It's comfier when you're a wolf."
I smiled back and crawled out the tent.

"Although, I'm not complaining about the view."
I could just hear the smirk in his tone as I just shook my head and laughed.

I stood up after getting out of the tent and inhaled deeply, while facing the sky with closed eyes.
A smile creeped onto my face as I felt so at peace.

There's nothing like the smell of nature in the morning, with the warm rays of sun coming through the tree canopy. And now I could share this all with Kai.

Speaking of Kai, I felt strong arms wrap around me from behind as a gentle kiss was placed on the side of my head.

I opened my eyes and smiled, resting my head back against his chest as I looked out in front of me.

The entire pack was awake, going about their morning business. Some were changing and going for runs, some coming back and look outs were shift changing. Everything was so calm, happy, quiet and peaceful. It truly felt like home.

"It's so peaceful."
I let out a happy sigh.

Kai let out a small chuckle in response,
"It feels like home."

I didn't really expect him to be the nature type so I looked up at him confused.
"I didn't expect you to be one for nature."

He shrugged.
"Nature comes with the territory when dating you, I wasn't too fond of nature before. Mainly because of the witchy woo nature crap, but with you it's different. It's not all magical connections and witch servants, it's a bond mixed with power and understanding."
He gently kissed the side of my head again.
"Although that probably sounds like crap to everyone else."
He chuckled slightly.
"It's mainly because nature makes you happy, and I like seeing you happy."

I smiled and placed my hands on top of his that were wrapped around me.
"I just like the peace and quiet. Out here no one can tell you what you can and can't do, bar the few pack rules of course."
My eyes widened.
"Which reminds me, I need to speak to Dillion about Amelia. He doesn't know."

"Best get a move on then."
He smiled and smacked my butt as I started walking away.

...

"Are you sure she can't be trusted?"
Kiara asked while Dillion was thinking over what I said.

"I'm sure. She told those in Mystic Falls that I pulled Kai out of Hell and she didn't warn us that Bonnie had an ascendant. One or both of us could have ended up in a Prison World again."
Just as I finished speaking Kiara's baby started crying and she ran off, I unintentionally scrunched up my nose which caused Dillion to let out a small chuckle.

"You really don't like kids huh?"
He asked with an amused tone.

I shook my head.
"Neither does Kai really."

"Fair enough. Well I'll inform the pack about Amelia. You and Kai are welcome to stay as long as you want, we don't get many people passing through this way."