Chapter 38 (END)

It didn't take us long to gather the supplies we needed. We headed towards the Bayou so Klaus would be able to transform.

Everyone was linked up to the twins so they could channel and siphon all of us. As Klaus started turning they started chanting, and it was working.

It didn't take long for the wispy light of the Hollow to come towards the magic circle, to which the twins directly siphoned Kai and myself. This allowed them to trap the Hollow's essence inside the piece of metal, before slamming the box shut.

They then sealed the box with a blow torch, before dripping their own blood onto the box to magically seal it shut.

After their chanting stopped, they looked directly at me and held out an object.

"This is the ascendant for that world. When we send you through, you will find it on the fountain steps of the Mikaelson mansion. You need to hurry and destroy it, we will use your connection to Kai to pull you back out. You'll find a containment circle near the fountain which you must place the box in."
Riley stated seriously and I nodded.

I took hold of the box and placed a hand on Riley's shoulder.
Kai nodded at me and then the twins started chanting, within moments I was in a world alone.

I used my speed and quickly ran to the mansion, grabbing the ascendant and shattering it against the wall. I looked around for the containment circle Riley mentioned, it was on the floor near he door and I placed the box inside it.

"I'm ready Kai, it's done."
As soon as I psychically said those words, I felt a pull and I was out of that world.

The second I got back home, Kai pulled me into a tight hug while Riley and Adrian set the ascendant on fire.

"You saved my dad's life. How can I ever repay you?"
Hope smiled at me, Riley, Adrian and Kai with tears in her eyes.

"Easily."
I smiled back.
"Make sure these two don't do anything too stupid at school and keep the location of our home a secret."

"Done."
Hope smiled and gave me a hug.

"Speaking of, when you go don't do anything we wouldn't do."
Kai sarcastically grinned.

"Gotcha, I'll kill anyone who annoys me."
Riley grinned.

All four of us laughed, Hope didn't seem too impressed though.

"You never give up, do you?"
Klaus smiled from the tree line, so I ran over and hugged him.
"You always find a way for family to survive. You truly are a Mikaelson."
He smiled at me and I smiled back.
"I am proud of you, Sylvia Mikaelson."

We stayed with the Mikaelsons for a few days before heading back home, Riley and Adrian were going to start at the school when the new term started. It took a lot of convincing, but Caroline and Alaric let them attend. I think it was mostly on the premise that Hope would keep an eye and so she wouldn't be alone.

......

We'd all spent so much time together, I guess I was going to miss Riley and Adrian when they left. They've definitely grown to be important members of the family.

Over the next few weeks we went on family hunts and runs and I watched as Riley and Adrian were becoming very powerful witches. They could go toe to toe with each other and were equal in almost every aspect.

They were happy, I was happy and Kai was happy.

But over the last day or so, Kai was acting nervous and I couldn't pinpoint why.

"Hey Sylvia."
Kai smiled as he walked into our bedroom, hands in his pockets, acting even more nervous than he had been.

"Hey! What's up? You seem.... nervous?"

"Oh, do I?"
He cleared his throat and rubbed the back of his head, moving closer to me.
"There's something I've been meaning to say, well rather ask, and it's been eating at me for a while now."

I raised an eyebrow in confusion.
"Well you're psychically blocking me right now, so it must be something major."

"It is, it really is."
He cleared his throat then took a deep breath.

I have NEVER seen Kai act like this at all. Both Riley and Adrian were sneakily watching from the next room, which also indicated something was up and I didn't know what to think.

But what he did next shocked me and my eyes widened.

He lowered himself to the floor and got down on one knee, opening a small box and showing me the most gorgeous ring I've ever laid eyes on.

I never thought Kai would be one to do this, but he would already know my answer before I say it.

"Sylvia..."
He started with a slightly shaky breath.
"Will you do me the honour, of marrying me?"

As soon as those words left his mouth, tears welled in my eyes for the first time in a long time.

I got down to the floor with him, a grin spreading right across my face.
"Yes! Kai yes! A million times yes!"

Kai smiled a gleaming smile that spread across his face as he stood us both up, and slid the stunning yet delicate ring onto my finger.

He pulled me into a deep and passionate kiss, one to which my entire body melted into.

"Well, this is definitely going to be one major dysfunctional family."
Riley laughed from the other room.

"Emphasis in the FUN."
Adrian added with a grin while they both laughed and clapped.

After a few moments he slowly pulled back, gently holding my face in his hands as he spoke in a soft and soothing voice.
"You're the first person to make me feel... anything. And I want to spend all of eternity with you."

......

Well thank you to everyone who's been reading, voting and commenting on this book ❤️

I do realise that the last few chapters of this book have been more tame and fluffy than the rest of the book, but that was intentional as I wanted to show Kai's development as well as how he could have turned out if loved and given redemption. I also wanted to round the book down to a smooth ending without loads of questions remaining, so I hope it was enjoyable☺️

I appreciate your feedback and it means the world to me that so many of you enjoyed this story and my writing.

But don't worry! This isn't a complete end to Kai Parker, as I have a new fanfic in mind with a completely different type of protagonist with a whole different upbringing. It is called "Falling for The Devil" and the prologue for this book was published as this chapter went up. ❤️

I can't believe how popular this book got in such a short space of time and I love the fact everyone enjoyed a protagonist that matched Kai's personality, rather than someone who fought him at every turn to turn him into something he's not.

Thank you for reading and taking this journey with me!

Again, thank you all for sticking with me with my absolutely horrendous update schedule.