Chapter 9

Sorry I haven't updated in a while, I've been ill.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

It took a few days to travel to Mystic Falls. It might have been a bit sooner but Kai and I stopped every now and then when desire got the best of us.

But we made it to Mystic Falls, and the familiar sound of the bickering I knew all too well made me start laughing.

"Sylvia? Is there a joke somewhere I don't get?"

"Oh I know who our guests are. They make decisions that result in them always winning. They will screw over anyone that doesn't fit in their little circle. The second you say one thing they don't like you get stabbed in the back or even killed. It's Damon Salvatore and Bonnie Bennett."

Kai perked up.
"Bennett? Did you say Bennett? Are you sure!?"

He grabbed my shoulders, not siphoning me, and looked me in the face to make sure I was telling the truth.

"Yes, Bonnie is a Bennett witch."

Kai moved back and started laughing.
"A Bennett witch is the key to getting out of here, Sylvia!"

I laughed along with him and he picked me up in a hug and spun me around while kissing me.

"But first, my dear Sylvia"
He smirked then rested his forehead against mine.
"Let's mess with them a bit, watch them. Learn who they are now"
He gently tilted my head to look at him.
"Because I always win."

....

They were exactly as I remembered, just a bit more friendly.
We'd spent a few months watching them, mainly so Kai could learn about them more than I managed to.

"Well this is utterly boring."
I sighed and laid back against the wall, waiting for Kai to return.

I heard the little ride go off and then Damon and Bonnie conversing.

"They're fighting again."
Kai laughed somewhat triumphantly and plopped down next to me.

I smiled
"Having fun messing with them I take it?"

"Very. It's amusing to see how many times Bonnie goes back to him. It must have been about thirteen times by now."
He chuckled.

"When I knew them they hated each other. Pretty much always at each other's throats. Bonnie is a goody two shoes you see, and Damon liked murdering people."

"Well he certainly seems to have become boring now if he's friends with the Witch."

I used my Hybrid hearing and listened in.
"They're definitely nearly done arguing. The car was a nice touch."
I laughed.
"You do realise Bonnie can't do magic."

"Well, my pretty little devil, that just means we're going to have to force it out of her."

I perked up and started giggling.
"You're going to try and kill one of them aren't you!"

"Ah, you know me so well. Well, it's about time we paid them a visit! I've already vervained all the bourbon."

...

Kai decided to sit on a deck chair and eat pork rinds. Bonnie had stormed off and Damon was heading back inside.

Damon went into the alcohol isle and reached for his Bourbon while Kai crunched a pork rind. He put his bottle down and walked over.

I hid away, he'd know something was up the second he saw me. The plan was for me to stay hidden unless something went sour.

"Rough day, huh Damon?"
Kai mused while eating.
"Sorry. Manners! I'm Kai. Nice to meet you. Pork Rind?"