Chapter 13

My jaw dropped and Klaus just stayed silent. As did everyone else. It felt like we were silent for hours.

"How is that possible?"
Elijah asked.
"I thought Mikael killed Klaus's father?"

"Just because he was killed doesn't mean he didn't impregnate another woman. It was likely that woman was from the Einn, and chose Klaus's father because of his genes."

"Well shes got bad taste, have you seen our brother?"
Rebekah clipped.

"Now is not the time for jokes Rebekah!"
Klaus growled.

"But don't you see brother?"
Elijah smiled.
"This means Sylvia IS family. Your family. She's as good as a true Mikaelson."

From the corner of my eye I could see Hayley smiling, as well as the others. Klaus's expression softened.

"So, what am I to Klaus?"

"A too-many-greats-to-count niece, probably."
Freya chuckled.

"Another family member."
Klaus smiled.
"And one who has proven her loyalty to us."
Klaus gave me a tight hug.
"Welcome to the family properly, Sylvia Mikaelson."

I smiled and hugged him back tightly. I had an actual family now, and a blood-relative who didn't abandon me.

"At some point we'll trace your lineage Sylvia. To see if there are any more Einn out there. The pack you killed cannot be the last of them."
Freya said and I nodded.

"There didn't seem that many. And it was in Oregon. Either in or right near Portland I believe. Allies with the Gemini from the looks of it."

Freya smiled.
"That's a start. Once we've secured Hope's safety, I'll do all I can to trace the lineage."

"Until then, try not to give your love to anyone."
Rebekah chuckled.

I laughed awkwardly and rubbed the back of my head.
"Yeah aha sure, of course not."

Klaus's expression dropped as he realised what he said earlier.
"I think she may already have."

"Oh you've got to be joking!"
Rebekah seemed in an awfully bad mood.

"Well, maybe. Not really. God I don't know!"
I started to get a little irate as I remembered one of the closest moments I'd had with Kai.

*FLASHBACK*
I was just laid there, next to Kai. Both of us naked in the bed just enjoying another day alone in this prison world. I was looking up at his gorgeous face and inhaling his intoxicating scent every time I breathed.
"I could happily spend eternity like this you know."
I sighed happily and giggled.

I could feel Kai chuckle against me.
"Oh Sylvia, I'd be more than happy to oblige."
He used his thumb and forefinger to lift my chin up so I was looking him in his eyes.
"But first, I need to give the Gemini coven an excruciating death."
He smiled before pecking me on the lips.

I frowned, still looking at him.
"But outside the prison world... you'd grow old and die."

Kai laid on his arm and just gave me one of his sexy smug looks.