Chapter 36

My first instinct when I woke up was to pull on some clothes and pick up the machete from last night.

"How did you find me so quickly?"
I asked Kai as he rested against the doorframe.

"Marcel. He told me the small loophole in your compulsion, my full name."

"Marcel intentionally put inconsistencies into the compulsion so that I'd know something was wrong."

"He did it for love. I was so mad I stormed into the Mikaelson house and threw him against the wall."

I laughed a little as I walked towards Kai.
"I bet that was a sight to see."

"It certainly gave me a small relief before I found you."

I smiled and gently grabbed Kai's hand, running my thumb across the back.
"Even compelled my heart couldn't forget. I felt like I knew you, that I could trust you. It was like falling in love with you all over again."

He half-smiled and tucked a lock of hair behind my ear.
"I hate it when I lose you, even for a moment."

"I know."
I sighed.
"But now she's going to be one dead bitch. And the best place to start is Marcel."

....

Kai and I headed to New Orleans to speak with Marcel, this time calmly walking into the house.

"I'm sorry Syl-"
Before Marcel could finish his apology I punched him in the face.

"Oooo, ouch."
Kai laughed from behind me.

"Okay, I deserved that."
He sighed.
"But I guess you want to know more about the witch hybrid?"

I nodded in response.
"I know nothing about her apart from the fact she thinks I murdered her mother?"

"I don't know much. I just know that it was many, many years ago. I'd assume when you were young and before you were turned."

"The only woman I can think about that was that far back was the woman who abused me, but she was a human. Not a supernatural."

"I honestly have no idea. That's all I-"
Marcel couldn't finish his sentence before he ended up in a magical neck snap, and so did Kai.

I growled as my veins raised and I looked to the door, there was the fiery haired woman who used Marcel to compel me and behind her were twins, who looked as though they were young teens. But they looked nothing like her. There was a boy and a girl, both had jet black hair and icy blue eyes that you could swear were glowing.

"Who the hell are you and why do you think I killed your mother?!"
I growled and took an extremely defensive stance.

"You DID kill my mother."

"Well please enlighten me because the only woman I killed many years ago was the HUMAN who abused me."

"It was before her. When you were even younger."
She growled and started to give me an aneurysm.
"You took EVERYTHING from me and compelling you didn't work nor send you into insanity. I guess I'll have to try harder."

"Who are you?!?!"
I shouted back. Where the hell was Klaus and everyone?

"I'm surprised you don't know. Or haven't done your research."
I managed to look at her through the pain.
"My mother was a very powerful witch. Yet you killed her so easily."

"The only powerful witch I know is my aunt Freya!"

"SHE WASN'T A MIKAELSON!"
The girl shouted and sent me flying backwards.
"She had the bluest of eyes and the most fiery hair I'd seen. She was a beauty and you left her screaming and bloody."