Chapter Fifteen (15)

Ranked #200 in #JESUS! THANK YOU!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS! 🎄 Hoping to post another chapter real soon! God bless!
__________________________________

When Jean signed the papers, she felt like she was signing her life away. She was officially an employee at a strip club. In her mind, she was able to justify the disgust she felt with the fact that she was technically a waitress.

When she got home, she found herself panicking. Brooke had told her that she would help her figure out what to wear. She thought about Jasmine and the night at the bar and the trouble she had just wearing the outfit she had picked out. Who was she kidding? She couldn't do this.

Brooke scheduled Jean the same hours she was working the first night. 10 to 2am. Brooke bought Jean a short black dress and some heels as a gift. Jean felt like she could barely walk, but she was happy that the dress covered her stomach and most of her body, even if it was short. At least she wasn't parading around in lingerie.

"Just smile," Brooke said when they pulled into the lot. "The good thing about this job is that everyone's drunk. Nobody is gonna notice that you're unsure of what you're doing at first. Anything you need, just ask me."

Jean clutched her stomach and couldn't get out of the car. "What if I can't keep up?"

"It's Tuesday, Jean. We're not gonna be that busy."

"Okay, but—"

Brooke grabbed Jean's face in her hands and made her look at her. "Jean, you are absolutely beautiful and you're killing it in that outfit. You are one of my favorite people to spend time with because you're funny and a good listener. You are going to kill it here. You're gonna have more money than you've ever had. You're going to have the time of your life. Just put any preconceived notions of what this place is out of your head. It's time to start living."

Jean didn't know how credible Brooke's advice was, but she decided for her own sanity she would listen to her. This only had to be a negative thing if she made it one.

Jean followed Brooke into the locker room and Jean tried to not look around at the other women. She locked her purse in a locker next to Brooke's. The room smelled like hairspray.

Keeping her eyes down, she followed Brooke back out into the main room behind the bar. Brooke poured a shot and handed it to Jean.

"Take it," Brooke said.

"I'm at work," Jean said, surprised.

"I know, that's why you're not taking three shots."

Jean knew she wasn't going to be able to survive the night without taking the edge off, so she threw it back without giving it another thought.

"Okay, I want to introduce you to some people," Brooke said. "It's good for you to know the main floor security should you need them."

She walked Jean over to a large man in a black shirt. "Jackson, this is Jean," Brooke said. "Our new waitress."

Jackson looked down at Jean and reached out to shake her hand. "Nice to meet you."

"Now, guests aren't supposed to touch you. It doesn't mean they won't. And at some point, they will. Some will mistake you for a dancer. If someone is being particularly handsy and won't stop, Jackson is your guy."

"Thanks," Jean said, unsure of what else to say.

Brooke walked Jean back to the bar. "Donovan is the guy over by the door right now, but he kinda creeps me out. Nice, but creepy. However, he can help too."