Chapter Sixteen (16)

TWO CHAPTERS IN TWO DAYS?
CHRISTMAS BREAK YA'LL.
So much free time! No lesson plans! So much time for writing!

Also, can't for the life of me think of a name for The coffee shop Jean works at. Please help me. Comment your suggestions. Thanks fam
___________________________________

By the time Jean went in for her next shift at Carmella's that Tuesday night, she realized she was more anxious to go to the movies the next day with Shawn and his friends than she was to go to work at her new job. She was getting used to it; and she didn't know if that was good or bad.

The more Jean went back, the more used she got used to the dancers. Like Brooke said, they were never fully nude, and she found herself stopping and staring at the stage to watch the girls effortlessly whipping themselves around on the pole. They made it look so easy.

In her first week, she saw her first guy get thrown out for being too handsy with one of the waitresses. However, she saw another waitress sitting on a guy's lap. Apparently it was okay because she was doing it? There were so many rules she needed to learn.

It was in middle of her fourth shift when a man walked up behind Jean and swatted her backside.

"Get me a beer," he said, and then turned back to his buddies to talk.

Jean felt the heat rise in her face. This was the first time someone had been purposely disrespectful to her. The anger fueled her courage to speak.

"Touch me like that again, and I will not serve you," she said, loud enough for him to hear over the music and turn around to face her.

"Why are you—"

"Is there a problem here?" Jean stepped back to see the security guy that Brooke had pointed out as Donovan cut in.

"She said she won't serve me," the guy said.

Jean clenched her teeth. Donavan spoke before she could.

"I saw what you did. Knock it off or you're outta here."

The guys were evidently too prideful to stay because they said a bunch of expletives and stormed out of the bar.

"Nice job standing up to them," Donovan said. "Most new girls freeze up in those situations and pretend it didn't happen."

Jean smiled. "It wasn't so much as what he did as his rude attitude."

"Yeah, get used to that. I'm Donovan by the way."

Donovan. Jean had remembered what Brooke said about him being creepy. So far he seemed nice, and she was grateful he helped her out with the rude guy. She pushed the thought out of her head.

"Jean," she replied, shaking his hand.

Donovan returned to the area he was patrolling and Jean would catch him looking in her direction. She quickly averted her eyes. Maybe that's what Brooke meant by him being creepy.

Luckily for Jean, nothing else happened the rest of the shift. It was extremely slow and Brooke ended up sending her home early. She was grateful, she was exhausted and she couldn't stop thinking about the fact that she was going to see Shawn tomorrow.

****

They told her they would pick her up. She had been ready for over an hour now. She paced back and forth. Why did she feel so anxious? They were just going to see a movie. She wouldn't even be required to talk that much.

Shawn called her when he got in the parking lot. She felt her heart pounding when she ran down the stairs. She saw the same black Fusion he had drove her home in when she got out there. It looked like Zeiler, Tyler, and Scottie were all in the backseat.