Prologue

It had been half a year since his team did anything, and now, he was itching to initiate the plan.

The sun had already set hours ago and the chilly night replaced the radiant sky. It was around half past nine to be exact, with clear clouds and stars that appeared to be twinkling bright. Silence had engulfed the whole atmosphere, aside from the gentle breeze that brushed past him from time to time yet didn't mind the cold and savored the moment.

Mark took a breath and exhaled it in satisfaction. He loved how the weather cooperated with him at this time. It made it easier for him to watch the scene ahead of him.

From their rooftop that he was on, their enemy's headquarters stood tall with intimidation underneath the night sky, not too far nor too near from where they were. Despite the danger that he was in by 1) being close to their enemy and 2) standing on their rooftop without his hood on, he didn't bother cowering down.

He was that confident.

"Mark," He heard a familiar masculine voice call his name from behind. "you need to get back inside. We have to continue planning for tomorrow's mission."

"I'll be down in a second." He replied without looking back, as he already knew who it was.

Haechan, a member of their team, didn't bother saying anything else and climbed back down as Mark listened to his retreat. Once he made sure Haechan was gone, he stuck a hand inside his pocket and pulled his phone out. There was the sound of the phone being unlocked before he checked the date today.

Exactly one year since it happened.

He put his phone back in and gave the building a last look.

Tomorrow's the big day, Mark thought. I hope you don't see what's coming to you.

He waited all year for this moment and it was about to happen tomorrow. It gave him excitement— made his body alive. He wanted time to pass by quickly just so the right time would arrive.

I can't wait.

The corner of Mark's lips slightly curled before turning away to head back inside— to the team he never thought he would be joining.

~*~*~*~*~

*Plays 007 Theme*

ILLICIT ° nct dream, wayv + srg

She is an agent. He is the wanted target. Total opposites that should never attract.

"There is a reason why rule #8 was made."