Chapter Seventeen: Thoughts of Wonder

Dedicated to:
dreamies24

~*~*~*~*~

It was the fourth day since Koeun was taken; and on this day, the Elites would execute their mission to bring her back.

Hina was walking along the hallway, heading towards the meeting room. Her pace was fast and her combat boots left a noise that echoed a little in the area. Her eyes were sharp and she wasn't in the right time to be jolly like she had been most of the time.

She came prepared. She wanted this shot to be successful in bringing her best friend back.

Finally, she arrived at the office and quickly pushed the door open. She was greeted by the other members busily discussing their mission with Taeyong and Chief Jung.

"—This is your one shot." Was the phrase she caught up with. When Officer Jung noticed her presence, he paused. Hina, then, quickly decided to take a seat next to Yangyang. 

"Hey," Her partner spoke to her in low volume. "are you feeling better now?"

Hina adjusted the way she sat. "Yeah. I have to be..." She replied. "...for Koeun."

Once she had settled down, Chief Jung continued to speak. "As I was saying, this is your one shot— one shot without letting the X-Force know you are already at their tails." He said, looking at them one by one in the eyes. "Don't mess this up."

"Don't worry, sir. We won't let you down." Lucas, their leader, reassured him with full determination.

"I sure hope you won't." Chief Jung said back. "It will be more difficult for you to strike on the second time."

"There won't be a second time, sir." It was Xiaojun who reassured him next, leaning towards the table as he looked at their chief with utmost respect. "We will make sure our plan will not backfire."

The chief gazed hard at them. It felt like it was only yesterday that these young agents were only doing their office work. Now, they are about to execute a mission with catching the most infamous criminals as their main objective.

This would be their first mission and he was still a little doubtful of letting these agents do the dangerous work. He only wanted Taeyong and the others who were far more trained and experienced in the field to do it but he saw potential in this team. He knew their drive to retrieve their member would make them accomplish it without further loss.

It was a risky move but he was willing to see how this would end up. But will he regret it though? Things might get out of hand and before he knew it, he couldn't fix the situation this time.

"Alright, not that I could renounce my permission." Chief Jung finally said. This made the others breathe the air they were holding for the past few seconds. "I know you'll do your best to accomplish this mission considering that one of our agents is being held captive." Hearing this gave the team more drive to be successful. "I just want to remind you that saving Koeun is not enough." While he clasped his hands on top of the table, the chief leaned in, showing a look that he meant serious. "You need to catch the X-Force, especially Mark Lee."

And there it was, the name Mark Lee. The name that Lucas dreaded. The name of the one who dragged Koeun towards that cursed van. The name he would never forget.

It made him clutch his hand tight.

Mark Lee.

Hina, who was just sitting behind him, noticed this. Out of concern, she reached out to gently tap his shoulder twice in comfort.