Chapter Twenty-six: The Tragic Past

Dedicated to:
aynmhd

~*~*~*~*~

Punch. Blocked. Another punch. Blocked. Koeun has been throwing consecutive fast punches at Jeno but he always blocks it with his arms. This caused him to take a few steps back as she steps forward. Seeing his foot as an opening, she decided to stomp her boot on it. Jeno gritted his teeth when he felt the pain but still made a counter attack, hitting Koeun's knee.

Scrunching her face, Koeun's knee bent, almost making her kneel on one knee. She saw the rubber knife about to hit her face in her peripheral vision so she quickly straightened her body, let herself on the floor but used her hands to keep herself a little elevated. Once Jeno saw her down, he used his foot to stomp at her, but she swiftly rolled herself away. Making sure she was far enough from him, Koeun forced her body to stop, facing the floor, and pushed herself to stand. She was back on her feet, ready to face him again.

"Give up, Koeun." Jeno told her as he walked towards her.

"Not in a million years." Was Koeun's reply before she closed her distance between him.

Koeun threw the first attack- a punch aiming for Jeno's jaw with the use of her left hand- but Jeno immediately caught it with his left hand as well and twisted it until it reached her back. As she groaned in pain, he pushed her against the table of weapons, pinning her down.

Her breath hitched when she felt the rubber knife on her neck. "It's game over, Koeun." Jeno said to her.

But Koeun was feeling otherwise. She didn't want to give up- she couldn't give up, especially now that she's already at the fourth task.

An idea hit her, making her confident enough. "Not yet." Then she raised swiftly raised her head, the back slamming against Jeno's nose. This caused Jeno to loosen his hold of her left arm to reach for his nose, giving Koeun the opportunity to grab his other arm, which was holding the knife, and slammed his clutched hand on the edge of the table. As a reaction, his hand had let the knife go. While he caressed his nose, Koeun grabbed the knife from the table and turned to face him, extending her hand to point the knife on his neck. "I won."

The two stayed that way as Jeno breathed heavily, watching her and the knife. Koeun didn't bother moving nor blinking as she panted as well. Jeno was the first one to snap out of it, pushing the knife away from him using his finger, accepting his defeat. "Yes, you win."

Koeun let out a deep breath, savoring her victory as she watched Jeno grab a pistol from the table. "Is this task 5?" She asked him.

Jeno gave her a look before he replied. "Yes." Then he proceeded to give her the gun. "Take it." A little unsure, Koeun slowly accepted it, and when she did, Jeno walked backwards, keeping a distance from her.

"What am I supposed to do?" Koeun finally asked.

Jeno stopped his feet, standing a few feet away from her. "The fifth task is to shoot me."

Koeun's face faltered when she heard what he just said. "W-What?"

"Shoot me." Jeno encouraged her.

Koeun slightly creased her forehead at him before laughing it off. "I already know the type of bullet that you use. You can't trick me into this."

"Then see for yourself." Jeno told her, motioning her to open the gun's magazine.

Confused, Koeun still did it by pushing the button to release the magazine, her other hand catching it. Her eyes widened when she saw what's inside.