Chapter Thirty-two: One Lives and One Dies

Dedicated to:
modumogi twicesdisciple
xiaojunnn cosmic_shu
_lalalareina

~*~*~*~*~

When will this end?

"Darn it!" Koeun huffed as she flinched when a bullet hit the handrail of the stairs she was into. Angered, she pushed her pistol outwards and aimed down before she pulled the trigger. She didn't have time to check if it hit Johnny, who was a few treads below her, and proceeded to run up.

This had been going on for a while and it seemed like Johnny wasn't going to let her go after what she had done. Her feet were beginning to hurt from running non-stop and her heels weren't helping either. She tried everything she could just not to lose her balance, even holding the sides of the dress' skirt up.

Down below, Johnny easily dodged the bullet that came from Koeun. "This bitch!" He growled, pushing himself to go faster.

Further down from where Johnny was, Mark was making his way up. With full alert, he watched the scene on how Johnny chased the girl who still had to pay for her mistake, and how Koeun was further up and somewhat successful in escaping the target.

Raising his arm up, Mark fired once towards Johnny's direction. The bullet didn't hit Johnny or anyone, but it did make Johnny glance down and became aware of his presence. It only made him more furious but continued to run nevertheless.

He was chasing a girl, and now someone else was doing the same to him.

Mark let Johnny follow Koeun up as he ejected his magazine by pressing the button at the side, only to see it empty.

Damn it.

Settling the empty gun in between his arm, he quickly shoved a few of his fingers into a pocket inside his coat and pulled the object out. He never thought something like this would come in handy.

To her relief, Koeun had finally made it to the last flight of stairs before she pushed the metal door open with her side, almost losing her balance. Wobbling, she shut the door and backed away, finding a safe distance.

"Renjun?" Her tensed voice asked as she scanned her surroundings, turning slowly to search for Jisung's unit. None. "Ren-" She was cut off when the door slammed open from behind her. The banging of the door surprised her, and out of instinct, she did a quick turn to face it and fired.

The bullet could've hit Johnny's face if he didn't dodge it. Instead, it hit the door, clanking. This only added up to his anger, and so he aimed his gun at Koeun, who also did the same, only stiffer.

Johnny was too full of fury to mind the pistol aiming his way that he nonchalantly walked closer to her. Koeun was scared of this, yes, but she remained on her feet. When she felt him being too close for her liking, she began stepping back. "Stay where you are or I'll shoot!" She screamed, making threats with her gun.

Johnny paused, but not because of her empty threat. "It's over, missy. You've got nowhere to go." He smirked amusingly.

"Not yet." Was Koeun's reply before she pulled the trigger. To her surprise, it didn't fire anything. What? Knitting her eyebrows together, she did it again but it only did a little click, no more than that.

No, this can't be happening...

"I guess someone just ran out of luck." Johnny's smirk widened as he set his finger around the trigger. Koeun's eyes widened at this, expecting for him to fire at any moment.