Chapter Twelve: Underestimation, Intimidation

Dedicated to:
jeus_junguwu

~*~*~*~*~

Gritting her teeth, Koeun threw a punch at the blonde guy in front of her using her right fist, aiming at his face. She hoped it would at least hit him but her opponent quickly dodged it by moving to his left.

Darn it, Koeun thought in frustration.

It didn't hit him. It barely touched his cheek.

This had been going on for a while now and as she grew tired, her opponent showed no signs of it.

I need to do something.

While he was still in the process of dodging her punch, Koeun quickly thought of another way to attack. She decided to use the failed punch as a current distraction while she prepared her right leg to kick. Her opponent was still focused on avoiding her punch so she did her best to hurriedly raise her leg to give his stomach a hard blow.

Koeun almost smiled at this. She was determined it wouldn't fail this time; but to her dismay, he sensed her almost-hidden attack and quickly jumped back just before it could make contact with him, the tip of her shoe barely reaching him.

Her frustration grew but Koeun didn't waste another second. As soon as her right foot had touched the floor, making her back face his way, she twisted her body to turn to her left and raised the other leg to aim at his face.

Her opponent, on the other hand, swiftly crouched down as low as he could before he stretched his right leg, did a turn to his left so his foot hit her other leg that she was using to stand.

Koeun's eyes widened at this. What the heck? It was too fast and she didn't quite see it. The kick was strong enough to make her lose her balance and send her falling towards the floor. She closed her eyes shut, bracing herself from the impact, and it didn't take a second to occur.

She lost the fight. And what's worse was she was older than him.

The boy that she fought with continued to fulfill the turn until he did a full 360 degrees, ending up standing when he was done, a wide smile breaking on his face. "Is that the only thing you could do?"

Hearing this, Koeun opened her eyes to give him a look— a look of someone who disliked him and his whole persona.

Jisung. Born on 2002. Dropped out of school. Excels in fighting. And another piece of information added: has blonde hair and advantageous long, skinny legs.

With heavy breaths, Koeun only gazed at the cheeky boy who was proudly standing with all his glory. The pain she felt when her body collapsed on the floor was no longer present. Instead, her envy about his skills in combat took over her.

Back then, when Taeyong was describing him as an excellent fighter, she didn't seem to be that interested— she didn't even take it seriously. And now, she regretted the idea of not believing it.

While she panted, entirely covered in her perspiration, exhausted about her first training with him, he was only casually standing in front of her and didn't even break a sweat as if it was nothing for him.

This kid, Koeun thought. How am I supposed to defeat him if we're already on the field?

Meanwhile, as the two finished their first training in combat, Mark entered the training room and headed towards Renjun's side, who was watching their training in the distance from the beginning. "How is it?" He immediately asked once he approached the boy.