Chapter Twenty-eight: Two Left Feet

Ship! ^

If you're reading on June 6, wish me and Haechan a happy birthday!

Dedicated to:
erde22

~*~*~*~*~

It has been twenty-eight minutes since they have arrived at the party, dressed appropriately, yet all they ever did was to cautiously look through the crowd to spot their target. It was already making them a little impatient since he still hasn't entered the party.

While the others were occupied by their own personal time, Koeun couldn't help but to be anxious again. She was standing close to the bar, holding her purse as if her life depended on it. She kept looking around the area every minute impatiently.

"Koeun?" She heard someone spoke through her earpiece.

Touching the earpiece while making sure it wasn't suspicious, she spoke. "Yes?"

"Are you okay? You seem agitated." It was Renjun.

Thinking that Renjun might have seen her through one of the cameras, she forced a smile. "I-I'll be fine."

But it wasn't enough for Renjun to be convinced. "You need to breathe, Koeun. Release your fear."

She took his advice and did a few inhales and exhales. Once it made her a little better, she spoke again. "Thanks."

"You're welcome." Even if she couldn't see him, Renjun unknowingly smiled in front of his laptop screen. "I thought you just needed someone to speak with so you wouldn't be too distracted by our mission. Is it okay for me to talk to you?"

"Of course." Koeun replied. "I'd love that."

Still smiling, Renjun was about to speak when he got interrupted by someone else. "Renjun."

Surprised, Renjun temporarily closed his line with Koeun to talk to the other. "Haechan?" He didn't expect for him to talk at this time. "Is something wrong?"

"No," Said Haechan. "but I need you to do me a favor."

Renjun's forehead slightly creased at this. "What is it?"

Haechan paused, letting out a small breath as he glanced at the lonely girl looking around the room, a few feet away from him. "I need to talk to Koeun."

Hearing what Haechan just said made Renjun taken aback for a second. "Okay." Was his answer. "I'll tell her."

"Thanks." Said Haechan as he began to walk towards Koeun's direction.

On the other hand, Renjun finally went back in touch with the girl. "Koeun? Sorry about that. Haechan just talked to me, that's why."

"Why?" Koeun asked. "Is there a problem?" She began to feel worried.

"No." Renjun reassured her, chuckling to ease her worries. "He just asked me to tell you that he wants to talk."

"Oh." Was her initial reaction. "What for?"

But before Renjun could think about it, Koeun heard another voice coming from her side. "Koeun?"

Turning to face the person, Koeun met Haechan's eyes. "Haechan..." She was still in the state of surprise.

Once Haechan saw her state, he ended up commenting, "You look nervous."

Koeun gently brushed the strands away from her face with her finger. "I was."

"Why?" Haechan asked, moving to her side.

"I think you know why." Was Koeun's reply.

Haechan instantly thought it was because of the mission so he gave her a reassuring smile. "Don't be. You'll be fine." He comforted. "If you beat Jisung and finished Jeno's tasks earlier, then you don't have to worry."